GDT: SLU v. St. Josephs

• Replies 313
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

As frustrating as this season has been, in our two games with Saint Joseph’s, I think I’d be even more mad being a fan of their program. Really odd how they just refuse to play to their strengths. Fun half, lets get the win and force the announcer to tell us more about how big a fan he is of Billy Lange!

1 minute ago, billikenbill said:

Joeys missed their last 9 3pt. attempts.

We seem to be limiting the open 3s at least for their better shooters. Some of the open ones have been from guys I think you welcome taking them. With the 3 point line somewhat taken away, they seem hesitant going to the rim. Maybe that is where missing their big hurts them?

If Travis can come up with an offensive scheme to get Gibby some open looks we could be a troublesome out in Bklyn. There’s no reason for him taking only 3 shots. I realize he’s a marked man and was hoping with Parker back he might be able to get more open looks. You get both those guys rolling and in synch, you might have something. 

Last few games, Billikens are finally improving after hitting their lowest point. It's a team of projects, and some of the projects are making progress. Learning from mistakes - though still making too many. By my count in the first half, Ezewiro made 3 bad plays, Hughes 3, Medley 3, SVB 1, Parker 1. But good plays also by the same players - and the fact that despite those blunders we came back, played better defense, and took the lead is positive sign.