Note: Billiken Coaches Show Debut 1/8/24

• Replies 312
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm listening on Audacy later.

Here's Ford's comments mostly paraphrased:
Rammer, "How much sleep have you got? I know you, you've been watching the tape."
CTF, not much I've watched it so many times, I get mad watching

Made the team watch every turn over

Challenged the team how many of you have gotten double digit rebounds how many of you have gotten 9, 10, 11 assists. Everyone needs to give more

Asked about the crowd waiting to explode and support.  "I've been around basketball my whole life..........more impressed with our fans, this is a difficult time, as difficult as I've been through in my coaching career. No question the critics come out, people question, I don't blame them that's part of being a fan. But on the other side it means more to me the people that email, give encouragement....we are all appreciative" "Keep hanging in there better days ahead."

Rammer, "anyone in your life that is your touchstone in the business?"

CTF, "Absolutely, a group of coaches that regularly talk and text.....we're in this circle together and everyone else is on the outside. It's a lonely business in times like this."

EZ came to our program out of shape, lost about 35-40 lbs. Wants to do well. It's not easy at all to go through the process to try and be eligible. We're all thinking it's going well looking good then all the sudden it wasn't good at all. Then all of the sudden we threw him back out there, it's not easy.  A lot to ask of somebody who's never been in this position and didn't think he'd be playing. He's just scratching the surface of what he can become.

EZ, "I have a brother at Moberly college" They are all hoopers. They can play.  The one at Moberly is struggling but it's his freshman year. 

CTF: Talking about injuries. Guys are back healthy now just trying to get everyone's best game clicking at the same time.

There was some complaints about rules changes to charges, calling time outs etc.

Then the upcoming road trip. Lasalle is a tough place to play.

5 minutes ago, VeniceMenace said:

Ford had Humpreys fish ‘n’ chips, EZ had crab rangoon. Miss the days when Grawer responded to all kinds of callers in the air.

I love that you paid attention to what they were eating lol.

18 minutes ago, BrettJollyComedyHour said:

I love that you paid attention to what they were eating lol.

It was mentioned in the broadcast

7 minutes ago, Dr. Holly Hills said:

Crab rang is for closers…

Put that Rangoon down. Rangoons are for closers. You think I'm F'n with you? I am not F'n with you. I'm here from the Billiken board. I'm here on a mission of mercy. Your name's Ford? You call yourself a coach you son$##@#?

The good news is, you're fired.

1 hour ago, slu72 said:

Better days ahead is that like build back better? 

Hope so.

https://www.audacy.com/podcast/sports-open-line-8f420/episodes/billikens-basketball-coaches-show-21224-ac41d

Parker was on the show with Rammer and Coach Ford. Worth a listen.  Interesting comment, the book on the Bills used to be stop Jimerson at all costs.  With Parker's success, teams will have to reconsider that approach.  Parker will start to see different coverages.

4 Billikens with back to back 30's are Bonner (a 40 and a 30), McKinney, Hughes and now Parker.

Talked about Goodwin signing with Memphis and that he is teaming with Marcus Smart.  Multiple teams were asking about Goodwin after the Nets let him go.

Also a great story on Javon Bess.