GDT: SLU v. NC State

SluSignGuy

1 minute ago, gobillsgo said:

NC State is NOT good, but then again, neither was Methdale, so we have quantifiable improvement!  We will take it

It depends on what you mean by good.  Are they an at large team? I don’t think so, but they probably are in that 65-80 range overall.  Great half when you consider we are on the road.

Billfan7 likes this

• Replies 260
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Weird half. Saint Louis half-court offense was bad. Point guards not a great half except Medley at the start. Lots of mistakes everywhere on the floor. Jimerson couldn't hit a shot. But good effort and good one-on-one play especially by Ezewiro and Dalger. Good defense by Zhang despite being outweighed by many pounds. NC State is bad. Billikens looked credible, still working out how to play together. It's good to have the lead at the half - we should win this game.

1 minute ago, brianstl said:

It depends on what you mean by good.  Are they an at large team? I don’t think so, but they probably are in that 65-80 range overall.  Great half when you consider we are on the road.

I don’t know where Kenpom, etc currently have them, but the eye test says that was a 100-130 team. Bad shooting, not particularly athletic or good defensively. I agree it was a good half, especially by our standards. We’ve played a lot of good first halves in the last 7 years. Let’s string together two consecutive good ones. 

3 minutes ago, gobillsgo said:

I don’t know where Kenpom, etc currently have them, but the eye test says that was a 100-130 team. Bad shooting, not particularly athletic or good defensively. I agree it was a good half, especially by our standards. We’ve played a lot of good first halves in the last 7 years. Let’s string together two consecutive good ones. 

Kenpom has them at 75 and T-Rank has them at 60. Massey’s composite of the different systems has them at 66.