Didn't You Used to Be Malcolm Dandridge?

Taj79

@Billiken Bob:  I figured as much so thanks for that.  Love to know even just an inkling of what the real story is here.  This guy was a four- to five-star recruit who underachieved at Memphis   For him to hold anyone hostage is downright ridiculous.  I am guessing he's a grad transfer who didn't graduate. Second guesser always welcome.

Technically he did not graduate in the spring but was allowed to walk across the stage which is not unheard of.  He was in class during the summer finishing up his degree during the time we were recruiting him. Whether he finished or not I do not know, but I would assume he did.

BTW, everyone on here is way overestimating how much money someone with his credentials is worth in  the NIL market.  
I have no information but I wouldn’t be shocked to see him back at Memphis because I don’t think he ever wanted to leave.  I think Penny recruited over him and needed his scholarship. If one were to open up he may end up back there.

Billiken Rich likes this

1 hour ago, Taj79 said:

This guy was a four- to five-star recruit who underachieved at Memphis.

You might be thinking of some other dudes Penny has landed at Memphis. Dandridge was not that level of prospect. More of like a top 150 type recruit, certainly a solid recruit with high major opportunities, but not near a top 25 or even top 50 guy.

12 hours ago, Billiken Bob said:

BTW, everyone on here is way overestimating how much money someone with his credentials is worth in  the NIL market.

Candidly, who really cares? The staff (and NIL group) decided to make him a priority at a position of need and came up empty. That appears to be a significant mistake with Ezewiro’s situation being uncertain.

I do like the direction we took of targeting International players and the late addition of a grad transfer combo guard, but the center position was a hole we likely needed a transfer to fill. I guess we can only hope Ezewiro is able to play. And if there is one position I am fine with being a bit uncertain at, it would be the 5, I just wish we had some more true power forward types to go along with the rookie big men.