Womens Basketball 2023-2024

thetorch

SLU travels to Central Arkansas to take on the Sugar Bears (yes, that’s the team name) Thursday, March 21st, 6:30pm, game is on ESPN+. Winner gets to go play at Northern Iowa, time and date TBD. I couldn’t find any common opponents in their schedule, they play in the ASUN, 21-11, and 14-0 at home. 

• Replies 869
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Lord Elrond said:

SLU travels to Central Arkansas to take on the Sugar Bears (yes, that’s the team name) Thursday, March 21st, 6:30pm, game is on ESPN+. Winner gets to go play at Northern Iowa, time and date TBD. I couldn’t find any common opponents in their schedule, they play in the ASUN, 21-11, and 14-0 at home. 

Looks like the Sugar Bears will be getting their first home loss of the year.

33 minutes ago, Speyburn said:

Teams with a first-round bye will not be guaranteed a second-round home game, per WNIT web site.

Where would they be playing, then? Neutral site?

31 minutes ago, Speyburn said:

Teams with a first-round bye will not be guaranteed a second-round home game, per WNIT web site.

Winner of the SLU-Central Arkansas game takes on UNI in the second round, UNI got the first round bye. I find it hard to believe that game happens anywhere but UNI’s home court given UNI’s record, unless they booked it for some concert that day or something. Incidentally, UNI bounced the women out of the 2021 WNIT quarterfinals 58-50. If the Billikens win on Thursday, time for some payback.

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, billikenfan05 said:

I have looked absolutely everywhere and can't find anything, so I am assuming this is campus sites all the way through?

Non-NCAA tournaments for women seem like there's just no info, I haven't even seen any media about that stupid WBIT that the NCAA started to compete with the WNIT.

44 minutes ago, BrettJollyComedyHour said:

Non-NCAA tournaments for women seem like there's just no info, I haven't even seen any media about that stupid WBIT that the NCAA started to compete with the WNIT.

I read more about the WBIT and I am a fan now.  I like the fact the NCAA added a tournament that isn’t pay for play and covers the travel costs for teams.

19 minutes ago, brianstl said:

I read more about the WBIT and I am a fan now.  I like the fact the NCAA added a tournament that isn’t pay for play and covers the travel costs for teams.

I don't like the NCAA having a monopoly on college tournaments, is my thought pattern.

Peyton Kennedy was terrific last night. Went for 31 and 9 on 12-19 shooting, 4-7 arc, and 5-5 FTs. Her shot is so pure it’s a surprise when they don’t go. Looked a little bit at Wiscy’s team and they have a lot of size but shoot poorly from the arc. The Bills will have to pack the paint and help off of pentration to stay in it. 

If they get the best from Kennedy, Martinez, and Simon they’ve got a chance to advance.

5 hours ago, billikenfan05 said:

I have looked absolutely everywhere and can't find anything, so I am assuming this is campus sites all the way through?

I never bothered to look (because frankly I didn't see us winning 3 games) but after your post I was wondering too where the "final four" would be held. Like you, I could find absolutely nothing about a finals location, even on the tournament's website. So I guess it will be campus sites all the way through.

1 minute ago, SLUMedBilliken15 said:

Does anyone know the easiest way to watch the women's game this evening?

It says it is on BTN+. Can I watch that if I have an ESPN plus subscription?

Thanks for the help. 

Oh fuok. This is worst case scenario. Likely will have to pay per view.

I'm not real savvy when it comes to PPV, but I just clicked on BTN+ (from our women's schedule). A count down timer comes up. I then dug a bit deeper to see how to pay/view the game and it shows up as FREE. Clicking on the free box, and the countdown timer comes up again.

So I think all we have to do at game time is click on the BTN+ button.

SLUMedBilliken15 likes this

14 minutes ago, White Pelican said:

I'm not real savvy when it comes to PPV, but I just clicked on BTN+ (from our women's schedule). A count down timer comes up. I then dug a bit deeper to see how to pay/view the game and it shows up as FREE. Clicking on the free box, and the countdown timer comes up again.

So I think all we have to do at game time is click on the BTN+ button.

Oh interesting. Hopefully it is indeed free