Billiken Killers

1 hour ago, stmdragons said:

Just going off the top of my head and people I haven’t seen mentioned yet. 

A10: Courtney Stockard 

He scored 22 twice, 20, and 14. Went 3-1 against us. That's a good call.

1 hour ago, SLUMedBilliken15 said:

Didnt chaz williams light us put a few times?

He dropped 20 and 9, 14 and 7, and 19 and 7 on SLU, and that was against the three best teams we've had in recent history (although he went 1-2 against us). I'd say he's qualified.

2 minutes ago, Cowboy II said:

-the Oregon Ducks, every damn one of them

Damyean Dotson had a career game that night. Ridiculous. 

Draymond Green tried to be a literal Billiken killer the tournament game against Michigan State too. Turns out he just keeps being a dirty player but Cody Ellis (should have been 2 shots and the ball) knew it before most anyone. 

5 hours ago, crymdg2 said:

Grant Golden

Low-key my nemesis. He just wouldn't go away and played for 3  years past my graduation despite being only a year younger. Ask anyone in the band from 2016-2019 who I hated and they'll tell you it was Grant Golden.

5 hours ago, Pistol said:

To me, this is also the argument against Baldwin. He had one huge game that will haunt us forever but was pretty close to his career averages otherwise.

I guess I consider consistently good plus a hell of a season dagger As a killer. 

11 hours ago, billiken_roy said:

crutcher is my name that immediately came to mind when thinking billiken killers.   

one name that isnt on the list that people not familiar with the billiken history is dwayne wade.   josh fisher's defense on wade in his billiken career was remarkable considering what wade accomplished in his lifetime of high level basketball.   i would love to see if wade remembers josh.  😄

If I’m remembering correctly the big problem was that Fisher could only guard one guy and Travis Diener routinely went off against SLU.  I definitely recall one game where he hit the game winner late to knock off the Billikens.

20 hours ago, Pistol said:

JAG really took off against SLU when Peyton Aldridge left. He didn't do much before that. He had one really big game against us. Aldridge is a stronger overall case, though.

Agree, Peyton always seemed to have way with us, especially away in Davidson which I was able to witness.

I just recall that Davidson game because it was one we should have won. Another sad part was it was one of our better attended games with almost 9400 in attendance.

JAG in that game seemed to not miss by dumping 27 pts on us with a .750 FG %.

Another Saluki Ashraf Amaya put up huge numbers against us for 4 years.  Some years we did play them twice a year.

Scott Haffner on Evansville was another MCC player who lit us up.

On 7/7/2023 at 2:08 PM, stmdragons said:

CUSA: Steve Logan

Interesting you thought of Steve Logan. My mind went to Melvin Levett. I think they only played together one season when KMart was a junior. Those Bearcats were dangerous!

On 7/7/2023 at 2:08 PM, stmdragons said:

CUSA: Steve Logan

Interesting you thought of Steve Logan. My mind went to Melvin Levett. I think they only played together one season when KMart was a junior. Those Bearcats were dangerous!

On 7/10/2023 at 7:58 AM, Box and Won said:

I feel like Brian Wardle from Marquette had some good games against us.

On my short list of most hated Billikens opponents.