Davidson -3 today

Taj79

22 minutes ago, Fraz said:

Don’t we still have shot at top 4 of Davidson wins?  We beat Umass and we’ll be 6-4 with tiebreak over Richmond and Umass

St. Joe's plays at Richmond on Monday.  Richmond won't be 6-4.   If the Spiders finish 6-5 we would be ahead of them (at 6-4), at 7-4 we would be below them.

I'm not positive, but I think we can finish anywhere from 4th to 9th.  We'll know more this evening.

25 minutes ago, HoosierPal said:

St. Joe's plays at Richmond on Monday.  Richmond won't be 6-4.   If the Spiders finish 6-5 we would be ahead of them (at 6-4), at 7-4 we would be below them.

I'm not positive, but I think we can finish anywhere from 4th to 9th.  We'll know more this evening.

Someone mentioned that another game could help our resume and I might agree.  I think no matter the case we have to be playing in the Championship on Selection Sunday and pass the eye test to get over the hump  

The double bye is the best outcome for the Bills. When playing consecutive games,  it is way easier to win 2 games in a row than 3 .  Three is even harder if the team you are playing has played 1 game less.  VCU winning is the only viable scenario. As Bay pointed out above, there is the St. J /Rich game on Mon ..Rich at home....not looking good for that game. Rich will be a heavy favorite.

In today's game, I have VCU and Dav even....Hyland and Curry still listed as questionable...which means even if they play they may not be at 100%.  So how is this game even? Dav is playing at home and they are playing for a top 4 spot.  They are motivated. VCU is in as a top 4 ...win or lose. ...BUT a loss today coupled with a loss of any game in the A10 tourney can make their Dance chance iffy. Meanwhile , even with missing players, VCU just beat a better team than Dav ...The Bills.  VCU is a B+ team...trending at A-......Dav is a B+ team ....trending at B....Put that all together ...throw in some data and a few algorithms and it all comes together as...EVEN.

Finally, I will be posting the UMass spread thread later on today....We will be favored.

8 minutes ago, The Wiz said:

The double bye is the best outcome for the Bills. When playing consecutive games,  it is way easier to win 2 games in a row than 3 .  Three is even harder if the team you are playing has played 1 game less.  VCU winning is the only viable scenario. As Bay pointed out above, there is the St. J /Rich game on Mon ..Rich at home....not looking good for that game. Rich will be a heavy favorite.

In today's game, I have VCU and Dav even....Hyland and Curry still listed as questionable...which means even if they play they may not be at 100%.  So how is this game even? Dav is playing at home and they are playing for a top 4 spot.  They are motivated. VCU is in as a top 4 ...win or lose. ...BUT a loss today coupled with a loss of any game in the A10 tourney can make their Dance chance iffy. Meanwhile , even with missing players, VCU just beat a better team than Dav ...The Bills.  VCU is a B+ team...trending at A-......Dav is a B+ team ....trending at B....Put that all together ...throw in some data and a few algorithms and it all comes together as...EVEN.

Finally, I will be posting the UMass spread thread later on today....We will be favored.

I assume it is Senior Day for Grady, Collins and Jones.  More motivation for those three.

14 minutes ago, Franchise_08 said:

Why is A10 moving the tournament up again? Some teams need games still. SLU can be playing StB or VCU again to help their resume. Have we heard an explanation?

I haven't seen an actual explanation, but I'm assuming this will allow teams to hunker down and have less contact prior to the national tournament and be less at risk of positive tests. If, for example, VCU and Bona don't make the championship, but are still likely tournament teams, they can isolate. If SLU and Richmond make the championship, their only interaction is with each other instead of possibly 4 teams over 4 days