Jump to content

2020 A10 Games and Comments


Recommended Posts

The Dukes only average 2,500 per game.  I'd say they have at least 4,000 tonight.  That's a 18,000 seat arena they are playing..

They usually just play Pitt there and that's it.

Also, the comment about Hughes is right.  He let's his emotions get to him too much and he doesn't use his head at times.

As for Weathers, yes he does play well against SLU all the time, but when healthy (which he is not right now), he plays well against most teams. Look at his stats.

Also, Golden usually kills Duquesne. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 642
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

3 minutes ago, Fraz42 said:

Duquesne coach sounds like a real d bag

Dambrot, is actually a pretty good, humble guy.

Also, all A-10 games have "homer" announcers. I believe both of those guys are Duquesne grads.  I know the African American announcer defintely is.  I believe the other guy got his law degree there. Yes, Ellis Cannon is a lawyer.

Link to post
Share on other sites

ESPN+ must use local announcers. Luckily a lot of our games are on FSMW and they're pro Bills. But when we play on ESPN+ we're usually treated like the red headed step child. What gets me is when we're on NBCSN or CBSSN we're still ignored. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, slu72 said:

ESPN+ must use local announcers. Luckily a lot of our games are on FSMW and they're pro Bills. But when we play on ESPN+ we're usually treated like the red headed step child. What gets me is when we're on NBCSN or CBSSN we're still ignored. 

Actually, those SLU home games I can watch in Pittsburgh on Direct TV channel 671, are also available on ESPN+.

All ESPN+ games use "homer" announcers.  VCU, George Mason, Richmond home games are on Direct TV channel 640 or 642 and they have home announcers too.

The VCU homer announcers sounded like homer announcers when Duquesne played there.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Richmond has been much better in the paint.  Give them credit.  They know how to pass to the right guy at the right time.

Duquesne can't expect to win the game from the FT and 3-point line even if their shooting starts to improve from there.

Right now, Richmond appears to be the clear 2nd best team in the A-10.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, An A-10 fan said:

Gilyard's steals are killing the Dukes.

They need to cut down the turnovers and they need TDM to heat up from trey land.

You know we’re rooting for Richmond right

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Fraz42 said:

You know we’re rooting for Richmond right

If you have been reading this thread since around 7 pm, you know I am a Duquesne fan who is also an A-10 fan..

Since about 7 pm., I have been complaining how a league that plays a difficult OC schedule that features 5 20-win teams, and 10 15-win teams, I like Duquesne foremost but I am not going to cry if Richmond wins. The Spiders, Rhode Island, even SLU should be locks for the NCAA, but the computer system is rigged for the power conferences.  It's a bleepin joke.
Richmond should be an automatic NCAA team.  It annoys me that they need to win this game to assure that possibility when they should already be locks.

It also annoys me that Duquesne has no shot for the NCAA despite being 21-8 basically playing all of its games on the road and on neutral courts.

PPG Paints may be in PIttsburgh, but Duquesne never practices there and only plays a handful of games there.   They only played 14 "home" games all season and they had to bus it 30-45 minutes to 8 of those so-called games.

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, An A-10 fan said:

It also annoys me that Duquesne has no shot for the NCAA despite being 21-8 basically playing on of its games on the road and on neutral court.

 

 

Uhhhhhh they played no one???? Have a brain one time for me

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, An A-10 fan said:

If you have been reading this thread since around 7 pm, you know I am a Duquesne fan who is also an A-10 fan..

Since about 7 pm., I have been complaining how a league that plays a difficult OC schedule that features 5 20-win teams, and 10 15-win teams, I like Duquesne foremost but I am not going to cry if Richmond wins. The Spiders, Rhode Island, even SLU should be locks for the NCAA, but the computer system is rigged for the power conferences.  It's a bleepin joke.
Richmond should be an automatic NCAA team.  It annoys me that they need to win this game to assure that possibility when they should already be locks.

It also annoys me that Duquesne has no shot for the NCAA despite being 21-8 basically playing on of its games on the road and on neutral court.

 

 

Agree on the system and welcome to the board.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...