Billiken.com Outings

davidnark

I have two proposals:

(1) SLU plays at Gonzaga at 9:00 on Saturday, December 11. I propose that we make arrangements with Wackadoo's to carry the game and provide food and drink specials for the game.

(2) Would anyone be interested in a Billikens.com golf outing? I am terrible, but enjoy the sport (I do backflips if I break 100). I would suggest Forest Park on a Saturday morning/early afternoon in mid to late October. We could attempt to handicap the interested persons and divide up into a two-man scramble.

Reply with interest and suggestions to both proposals.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't get me started on my Forest Park golf course management soapbox. Would it kill them to find a couple or retirees to marshal the course for some free rounds? Plus, as an earning tax, personal property, real property, sales and use tax paying city resident, couldn't they give me a municipal rate?

i think both sound fantastic. i would try to be in for both.

p.s. while i love to play golf, it sounds like david and i would be quite the matchup! i too am a 90-100 guy that is closer to the 100 on most occassions.

it is my opinion that if we did the golf thing, we would split up into foursomes that would seem to be fairly evenly teamed and play a scramble. i.e. those of you that think you suck as bad or worse than me would hopefully have stars on your team so you could pick up your shots and then sink the putt instead. scrambles are a hacker's dream.

Oh I would love to be present for the golf outing, as last weekend was 6 weeks from my surgery and I finally got to hit my brand new Callaway X-16 irons. I should be back playing in another week, and just in time as the temps are cooling off a bit plus Sunday's will find many football fans wanting to watch the Bucs meaning the courses will be wide open down here.

Who is available on Saturday October 16, 23, or 30? I would like to schedule tee times around 8:30 a.m. Hopefully, everyone would be available for a late lunch and some beverages in the clubhouse immediately afterwards. It would be great if we could round up at least 12 guys to have at least three four-man scramble teams.

Billiken Law, AlumniFan, and any other golfers we haven't heard from, are you interested?

right now, wide open for the 16th and 30th, however the esteemed naticat, our bearcat friend is getting married on the 23rd. i guess i need to witness that. rumor is that gruehls and uctom are on the guest list and will try to sneak into st louis that weekend. i will do my best to keep them out of town after sundown.

willie said, " only caveot would be a home baseball game starting early."

dont worry willie, larussa is already setting the table for an early exit. rolen has a calf twinge that has kept him out forever now, carpenter is undoubtedly going to miss a start or two, we know that puhols has the planters wart thing. renteria is in a swoon that rivals the start of the season........

unless you are talking about the braves early start....;-)

It looks like October 16 would work best subject to an early afternoon Cardinals' playoff game.

Right now I have the following persons:

-"Big Bertha" Billiken Roy

-Joe Bonwich a/k/a "the Polish Putter"

-Sheltie "To-be-feared-on-his-good-days" Dave

-"Hole-in-One" Willie

-Box and Won a/k/a "Slicin Spell"

-"9-Hole" Nark

-Unca Soda a/k/a "Last Guy Picked" (?????? for 10/16)

I could round probably round up a few more season ticket holders who aren't regulars on the board, but it would be great if we could find another five posters.

My calendar is currently free on the 16th, however I've played golf once in the past 2 years. A good score for me would be a shade over 100 for 18 holes.

I might have to keep that day open though as I've been doing campaign work lately(actually have my own title) and there might be something I need to be at on that day.

If you need to fill a space, then maybe I could play. Just warning you guys, I'm bad.

I think I will take a Saturday off to play if we can firm up a date ... I've been doing 6 days a week for about 7 months ... so I think I could use this. I hit between 90 and 100 ... depending on the course ... I live on Sugar Creek in High Ridge and usually hit about 95 there ... I have only played once this year though.

Official Billikens.com sponsor of H. Waldman