GDT: RI round 2 fight night

14 minutes ago, Clocktoweraccords2004 said:

I’m sure Gordon has that mindset at DePaul too. Want him? Winners like to win. It’s simple. No one wants to go to SLU if they can’t make it to the NCAA in a crappy A10

Yes, I wanted Gordon because that is what he said, he wanted to turn SLU into a winner.  He had different problems it sounded like that caused problems here.  Again, winners like to win but winners also see how they can help and lead their team to win.  Not all kids think, "great this team is a tournament team so I can join, sit on the bench, maybe get a few minutes a game but hey I will be in the tournament."  No, a lot want to be a big part that leads the team to the tournament.  

If you think kids won't join a team because they aren't winning, fine I am not going to try and change your mind but a lot of kids want to see the minutes and how they can contribute to make the team into a winner if it isn't.  

• Replies 259
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, kmbilliken said:

Is Hankton still hurt? I expected more minutes given the way Ford praised him last game saying he earned more minutes. Especially the way Isabelle and Foreman played. Depending on both for major minutes hurts. I'd rather see Hankton and Wiley get more. 

Ford said he was hurt

1 hour ago, kmbilliken said:

Is Hankton still hurt? I expected more minutes given the way Ford praised him last game saying he earned more minutes. Especially the way Isabelle and Foreman played. Depending on both for major minutes hurts. I'd rather see Hankton and Wiley get more. 

He hurt his shoulder in the game.

5 hours ago, kmbilliken said:

and he scored 11 last game.

17 hours ago, 3star_recruit said:

Goodwin wasn't playing point the majority of the game.  In fact, in the first half he was almost exclusively on the receiving end in the post.  Just like when he was playing forward in high school.

Isabell played a ton of minutes precisely so he had the responsibility of primary ballhandler.  What I'm arguing is that you don't have a point guard on the team.  So there's no reason to have either guy masquerading as one. 

Post Goodwin up on one box.  Post up French on the other one.  Your "shooters" are Wiley, Thatch and Bess.  Pitch and catch.  Stop dribbling around the circle for 6-7 seconds and throwing it back to a safety valve 30 feet from the basket.  

3 Star is on target esp. posts regarding using JGoid most effectively...3 Star should be hired as an assistant...seriously...

brianstl likes this