GDT vs Pittsburgh in Brooklyn

3 minutes ago, Pistol said:

I'm not so sure about that. The offense didn't look good down the stretch. His turnover by failing to cross the timeline in 10 seconds cost us dearly. He passed to French for the now-infamous airballed FT. His decision making cost us many times today, and severely.

It was surreal the two guys who are talking up cutting down on turnovers combine on that CYC level mistake.

• Replies 695
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, dlarry said:

What a disappointing loss.

But honestly, I feel better about this team now than I did before the east coast trip, so that’s good.

They beat SH on the road.

Sure they lose to Pitt but they lost without Isabel for 1 half and Wiley for another. They lost with 3/5ths of their starters sitting because of questionable foul trouble.

They lost woth 2 guys getting their first minutes of the season.

A lot of things stacked up against our Bills today and they could have and really should have won.

This one stings but I feel better than I did last week.

This is a good way to look at it. I think we were the better team, but everything that could go wrong went wrong. Still, I would love to have those last 23 seconds back and see Travis pull French and replace w/ Foreman. If French even sniffed the ball you just knew they'd find a way to foul him. Love Hasahn, but he doesn't belong in a tight game with a minute left. Can't risk him touching the ball, because you know the other team will send him to the line. And he can't hit the ocean from a cruise ship on FT's.

1 minute ago, almaman said:

It was surreal the two guys who are talking up cutting down on turnovers combine on that CYC level mistake.

Always better to take the 10 second call than to give up a live game turnover and an easy bucket going the other way. He was right at the line anyway. I think they let it go if we aren't a wee little a10 school. Lol

8 minutes ago, billiken_roy said:

Who should have been in the game?   As said above surely you aren't this stupid.   We had no one else to play.  Especially considering how badly the refs had cheated to that point you could not take a chance in playing our guys in foul trouble.   

The refs cheating sucked

Whatever isabell did to get benched sucked.

But my biggest b!tch was the poor job of coaching again.  Where is the tactical genius coach we had the last 2 years? 

Isabell... Bess, foreman, kc, and thatch. Next question 

11 minutes ago, slu72 said:

We pretty much expected to go 1-1 on this trip, but just the opposite in terms of the opponents. Not a season breaker by any means. And Pitt may not end up DFL in the ACC. I'd take that kid Johnson in a heart beat. He could be an all ACC rookie, if Duke leaves any room for him.

Good, there may be 2 spots open after Duke.

12 minutes ago, dlarry said:

What a disappointing loss.

But honestly, I feel better about this team now than I did before the east coast trip, so that’s good.

They beat SH on the road.

Sure they lose to Pitt but they lost without Isabel for 1 half and Wiley for another. They lost with 3/5ths of their starters sitting because of questionable foul trouble.

They lost woth 2 guys getting their first minutes of the season.

A lot of things stacked up against our Bills today and they could have and really should have won.

This one stings but I feel better than I did last week.

Well said

1 minute ago, Glorydays2013 said:

Did Bess foul out? Didn’t think so. Foreman had 2. Idk why people here are so dumb they’re arguing to put 4 freshmen on the court, when one of them has any experience (thatch) 

Foreman was on the court with the 4 FR.

Just now, Glorydays2013 said:

I’m sure he knows. Not playing him for maybe 10 min would prove a point. It would have been SMART to put him in before he put in 4 freshmen

Unless you know what Isabell did, unless you know why Ford benched him, just be quite. No player is above the team.