Terrell Ramey on The Press Box - comments on SLU & T. Ford

pakapablo

Terrell Ramey was a guest on The Press Box with Frank C. this morning. Interesting interview. Frank asked about SLU and Mizzou since his son has reopened his recruiting. Terrell's comments about Travis Ford and SLU surprised me. I don't remember the exact quote but basically Terrell stated he is surprised he has never had a conversation with Travis, only Corey Tate. He also went on about how he and Cuonzo go way back. Interesting comment about Cuonzo, after he was hired he checked in with Terrell and inquired about how strong their commitment was to Louisville. Of course Terrell said it was done in a very respectful manner.

I added the link but today's segments aren't posted just yet.

5 minutes ago, pakapablo said:

Terrell Ramey was a guest on The Press Box with Frank C. this morning. Interesting interview. Frank asked about SLU and Mizzou since his son has reopened his recruiting. Terrell's comments about Travis Ford and SLU surprised me. I don't remember the exact quote but basically Terrell stated he is surprised he has never had a conversation with Travis, only Corey Tate. He also went on about how he and Cuonzo go way back. Interesting comment about Cuonzo, after he was hired he checked in with Terrell and inquired about how strong their commitment was to Louisville. Of course Terrell said it was done in a very respectful manner.

I don't have a problem with Ford not talking to Ramey. He was committed up until yesterday.

ramey isn't coming to slu. Never had any interest in SLU. 

7 minutes ago, pakapablo said:

Didn't Counzo tell Frank he didn't do stuff like that when the Gordon rumors were hot?

8 minutes ago, RiseAndGrind said:

I don't have a problem with Ford not talking to Ramey. He was committed up until yesterday.

ramey isn't coming to slu. Never had any interest in SLU. 

I was surprised they had never spoken because Ramey is involved with so many local recruits above and beyond his son.

Ramey Basketball Fall League 

Team Ramey Jets AAU

I am not recruiting expert but with the number of recruits here he is engaged with here locally I would think he and Travis Ford would maybe have a conversation.

5 minutes ago, RiseAndGrind said:

Yes. Frank was on the air saying that Martin told him he doesn't mess with committed players.

Not possible, sir! He is Captain Integrity! 

Program%20Integrity.jpg

Also - I don't think Ramey-Jets is a big enough player in the AAU world, but I would stay far, far away from the smoke that is the Ramey recruitment. Louisville top 100 commit that comes from an AAU program run by his own father? No thank you. With all that has happened, I'd be shocked if he hadn't taken money. 

Disclaimer: I know nothing about Ramey. I don't think Ramey or his dad did anything wrong. However I agree. Don't get involved with this at all. Just inviting unwanted attention. 

1 minute ago, JMM28 said:

Program%20Integrity.jpg

Also - I don't think Ramey-Jets is a big enough player in the AAU world, but I would stay far, far away from the smoke that is the Ramey recruitment. Louisville top 100 commit that comes from an AAU program run by his own father? No thank you. With all that has happened, I'd be shocked if he hadn't taken money. 

2 minutes ago, RiseAndGrind said:

Disclaimer: I know nothing about Ramey. I don't think Ramey or his dad did anything wrong. However I agree. Don't get involved with this at all. Just inviting unwanted attention. 

Ramey is coaching kids that SLU is recruiting. 

2 minutes ago, pakapablo said:

Ramey is coaching kids that SLU is recruiting. 

I get that, but none of those kids are committed to a school that just fired its coach for orchestrating a $100,000 payment. Like I said, I don't think the Rameys did anything wrong. But I also don't think the FBI or NCAA is going to just let Mr.  Ramey walk away without answering some questions. 

38 minutes ago, RiseAndGrind said:

Yes. Frank was on the air saying that Martin told him he doesn't mess with committed players.

Ok.  I didn't hear the segment.  I thought we were talking about Gordon specifically.  Guys in here were saying Mizzou hadn't reached out to him.  I will defer to those who heard the segment tho.  My bad.

35 minutes ago, JMM28 said:

Program%20Integrity.jpg

You do know that they have issued a subpoena to individuals associated with the EYBL as well.  

2 hours ago, Coach314 said:

You do know that they have issued a subpoena to individuals associated with the EYBL as well.  

I did see that, but it still doesn't take away from a pretty easy to construct scenario. 

Courtney's dad runs a mid level AAU team that is sponsored by adidas. 

Courtney is a top 50recruit. 

Courtney is recruited by Louisville, the "biggest swinging Richard with adidas" being the head coach. 

That head coach gets fired for being involved in adidas paying former Top 50 recruit 100k. 

4 hours ago, RiseAndGrind said:

No, this has been twisted around. Frank said Martin told him he had not spoken to Gordon specifically. Ford is the one who said he had a blanket rule against speaking to kids after they verbal. Martin has never claimed to have a blanket policy like that, and in fact Ford heavily implied Martin does not follow such a policy on the radio. "Not everybody else around here operates like that" or words to that effect.

1 hour ago, JMM28 said:

I did see that, but it still doesn't take away from a pretty easy to construct scenario. 

Courtney's dad runs a mid level AAU team that is sponsored by adidas. 

Courtney is a top 50recruit. 

Courtney is recruited by Louisville, the "biggest swinging Richard with adidas" being the head coach. 

That head coach gets fired for being involved in adidas paying former Top 50 recruit 100k. 

Case solved

Im just going to throw this out there:

Over the weekend WG hired Johnny Parker as ast. coach.  As some know, hes a huge mizzou guy,  he even guided Namon Wright to mizzou from LA before transferring out.   He could try to steer Ramey( and fill in other name here___) to mizzou. 

8 minutes ago, wgstl said:

Im just going to throw this out there:

Over the weekend WG hired Johnny Parker as ast. coach.  As some know, hes a huge mizzou guy,  he even guided Namon Wright to mizzou from LA before transferring out.   He could try to steer Ramey( and fill in other name here___) to mizzou. 

You stop it right !ng now.