almaman

• Replies 222
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, slufanskip said:

Seriously? First round?

Seriously just asking sorry I did not know, it is why I asked it appears by other posts people still feel he is a lottery pick and I am happy for him and the Tatum family.

I like this site because I ask questions and the people that know such things answer and I learn and that is okay.

I don't think anything that happens in the NCAA season, barring major injury, is going to majorly change the stock of Tatum. 

However i I think he's more likely a mid 1st rounder (8-18 range) than a #1 overall at this point. 

Duke almost lost to Wake Glorydays but pulled it out in the end.

Tatum only had 8 points.

2 hours ago, Glorydays2013 said:

First off Tatum is young and the best freshmen on the most talented roster right now from the most talented recruiting class. He is a lock on for first round. Anyways Its been a week of upsets and Duke might be looking at their next loss against Wake

Seriously doubt Tatum could even crack our rotation next season.  He'd probably be fighting Zeke for the 11th or 12th spot.  

In the game of the day, no make that the game of the year, heck, game of the decade.  No IN THE GAME OF THE CENTURY, the lowly Providence Friars UPSET the highly talented Marquette Golden Warriors, 79-78.  The Golden Boy Eagles likely lost their #1 NCAA seed with this devastating home loss.  Perhaps GloriaDaz can explain how this could happen.

11 minutes ago, HoosierPal said:

In the game of the day, no make that the game of the year, heck, game of the decade.  No IN THE GAME OF THE CENTURY, the lowly Providence Friars UPSET the highly talented Marquette Golden Warriors, 79-78.  The Golden Boy Eagles likely lost their #1 NCAA seed with this devastating home loss.  Perhaps GloriaDaz can explain how this could happen.

What's that? Marquette is still irrelevant? Nothing new.

F Marquette.

56 minutes ago, Franchise_08 said:

Is the fire Groce watch on? They about to drop to 13th place in the B10

Looking like it.  It is pretty crazy when you think how bad SLU has been the past few years, we are still the last of the 3 local teams to make the tournament and win a game in the tournament.  

Just now, Glorydays2013 said:

I spoke to some Illinois fans and the consensus I got was that they would rather see them go, and they are only worried about Tillman leaving

That is a very good recruiting class coming in for them.  Not sure who you talked to really understands that.

I would be worried about losing more than just Tilmon. Pickett is an excellent player, and their two other recruits - Trent Frazier and DaMonte Williams - could both contribute immediately. Plus, they're in a good position with Mark Smith, Alonzo Verge, and a couple others, and they have two more spots available for the incoming class. A coaching change could be what they need in the long term, but if these players like Groce and his staff, it could be quite disruptive in the short term.

52 minutes ago, Glorydays2013 said:

not sure if you understand they have always had great recruiting classes. They have the second highest recruit rankings in the B10 still behind Michigan State

Per ESPN, Illinois did not rank in the top 40 of recruiting classes in 2016. Michigan St, Indiana, Michigan, Iowa, Maryland, Penn St, Ohio St, and Minnesota all ranked higher than the Illini.

In 2015, they ranked 21st, behind Ohio St and Michigan St in the Big 10

In 2014, they did not rank in the top 40. They were behind Ohio St, Maryland, Indiana, Purdue, Michigan St, Northwestern, and Michigan in the Big 10.

Per Rivals. Illinois did not rank in the top 35 recruiting classes in 2016. Minnesota, Michigan, Penn St, Indiana, Maryland, and Michigan St were ranked higher than Illinois.

In 2015, the ranked 19th behind Ohio St. 

Cannot find anything for 2014. 

So not sure where you are getting your information. For 2017, they have a highly rated recruiting class which has been discussed extensively on this board and which Pistol and brianstl have pointed out the key members of that class.