SignGuy A10 Special GDT: SLU v. GW

• Replies 303
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

GW just isn't very good.

GW is an NIT level team.

This is true, and it's surprising to me. They had a nice non-conference performance, they have a ton of veteran players and are really balanced in terms of the skills they bring. I don't know why it doesn't come together better for them.

9 TO at half compared to 5 total yesterday. Different opponents, true, but we've gotta clean that up. Been a pretty even game otherwise. Hanging with them on the glass, shooting well, not committing many fouls.

Yacoubou, for me, has been one of the most disappointing Billikens of all time. Weren't we hearing reports that he was one of the top players in practice three years ago when MM, JJ, and DE were all seniors? What happened to that. He just isn't very good.

This is true, and it's surprising to me. They had a nice non-conference performance, they have a ton of veteran players and are really balanced in terms of the skills they bring. I don't know why it doesn't come together better for them.

I don't get it either. Adding Cavanaugh and Garino turning into a shooter should have made them a lot better. I don't know anything about who they're bringing in, but I can't imagine them avoiding a huge drop off next season.

Yacoubou, for me, has been one of the most disappointing Billikens of all time. Weren't we hearing reports that he was one of the top players in practice three years ago when MM, JJ, and DE were all seniors? What happened to that. He just isn't very good.

Jim Crews

I don't get it either. Adding Cavanaugh and Garino turning into a shooter should have made them a lot better. I don't know anything about who they're bringing in, but I can't imagine them avoiding a huge drop off next season.

They'll definitely be down, but perhaps their disappointing performance this season will mitigate the drop-off.

Sometimes teams are just so much better on paper than in reality. Hopefully for GW the mix of newcomers they're bringing in play together better than the current seniors.

Problems in Pop tart land I am catching up I noticed 9 turnovers.

He just isn't a goto guy. I would have loved to have had him as our 5th starter on the jett- evans teams instead of barnett. But as the best player on a bad roster he gets the best defender every game and then tries to do too much and the results are not good. I'll remember he seemed to be a good kid that played hard. He could have a worse legacy.