GDT: It's Platt's birthday

I didn't even realize the Bills had a game last night until I received an ESPN alert on my phone informing me they had lost. It is the first time in eight years that I didn't attempt to watch or listen to a road game.

I spent the time watching The People Vs OJ Simpson on DVR. I do not regret my decision.

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This is true, I should have phrased it that that point forward idea needs to go. I think the players are talented and are only doing what they're taught to do.

Agreed, this point forward idea for Milik is Crews' idea... he talked about it in interviews last year. This point forward idea seems to be utilized by teams that don't have good point guard options. The year Butler was in the A-10 with us, they did it with Rosie Jones because they had Clarke and Dunham at guard - two guys who are not points. What happened when we played them in those three games? - we won all three games because our three-headed monster of guards gave them fits because we had multiple guards who could play point and run the offense. Give me good point guards any day. Even with the emergence of Bishop, we're gonna need to recruit another one.

MY certainly does more than his share of boneheaded things out there, but I would like to see what our next coach can do with him. MY averaged 10.5 ppg and 4.5 rpg last year and was named to the all freshman team. Often players who do that are on the path to become a future all-conference player. Instead, MY can't even start in his sophomore season on a bad team. We don't exactly have an abundance of scoring options, so the next coach will need him and try to develop him.

I didn't even realize the Bills had a game last night until I received an ESPN alert on my phone informing me they had lost. It is the first time in eight years that I didn't attempt to watch or listen to a road game.

I spent the time watching The People Vs OJ Simpson on DVR. I do not regret my decision.

Haha..I watched the first 5 minutes of the game (it was unwatchable) and turned it off to watch the OJ show. Much better choice

Agreed, this point forward idea for Milik is Crews' idea... he talked about it in interviews last year. This point forward idea seems to be utilized by teams that don't have good point guard options. The year Butler was in the A-10 with us, they did it with Rosie Jones because they had Clarke and Dunham at guard - two guys who are not points. What happened when we played them in those three games? - we won all three games because our three-headed monster of guards gave them fits because we had multiple guards who could play point and run the offense. Give me good point guards any day. Even with the emergence of Bishop, we're gonna need to recruit another one.

MY certainly does more than his share of boneheaded things out there, but I would like to see what our next coach can do with him. MY averaged 10.5 ppg and 4.5 rpg last year and was named to the all freshman team. Often players who do that are on the path to become a future all-conference player. Instead, MY can't even start in his sophomore season on a bad team. We don't exactly have an abundance of scoring options, so the next coach will need him and try to develop him.

Hey, we could have recruited Barnes. He would have helped with you know who and helped build a solid relationship with the Eagles. But, "We feel really good about our point guard situation.".

The way Crews and Company handled that whole situation should be more than enough reason to fire Crews.

Still mulling over last ditch ways in which he can defend the Crews' regime.

-MB said in a post if there is no improvement he would say it is time for a change at the end of the season and I expect he will do that, if he returns to the board

Hey, we could have recruited Barnes. He would have helped with you know who and helped build a solid relationship with the Eagles. But, "We feel really good about our point guard situation.".

The way Crews and Company handled that whole situation should be more than enough reason to fire Crews.

The reasons to fire Crews grow.

If he stops playing point forward aren't you going to miss his bowling ball drives to the basket where he wipes out everyone in his path? He had a classic last night, but only knocked down one pin. He is our most talented underneath player and neither he nor Crews can figure that out.

Umass is at Rhode island tomorrow and could join us and Duqesne in a three-way (even that doesn't excite me with this team) for 10th place. Being with Duquesne, we lose. Umass then hosts this La Salle group Saturday. Six wins for Umass.

Duquesne will lose at the Joeys. Five wins.

The Bonnies should beat us. Five wins.

Mason could beat Richmond. Five wins.

La Salle will close with four.

Elventh, twelfth, thirteenth. PIG

@Rhode Island 68 UMass 50- Final.

As such, SLU is 1/3 of the way from being extricated from the PIG.

The biggest hurdle promises to be SLU itself, which must win over St. Bona.