GDT: It's Platt's birthday

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If you can't see the potential in MY's game, then that's on you. Does he have the bonehead gene? Yes. Do i think the right coach could bring out a helluva player? Yes.

You are correct I take my comment back and I feel a better coach would improve his play. This game is a low point of the season.

He has a lot of talent but really needs to drop this idea of being a point forward.

You think it's MY's idea to be the point forward? Crews benches guys for farting the wrong way. If MY was doing something that wasn't directed by Crews, especially something as selfish as being the point forward, then he'd never see playing time.

You think it's MY's idea to be the point forward? Crews benches guys for farting the wrong way. If MY was doing something that wasn't directed by Crews, especially something as selfish as being the point forward, then he'd never see playing time.

I've had that thought when I've watched these mad full court, end to end dashes.

Fordham gets win #7. We cannot catch them. Duquesne has caught us. If the Dukes lose to the Joeys and we lose to the Bonnies, we are tied with the Dukes which means a loss on any account. Davidson has cut the VCu lead to six with 35 ticks but VCU ball. The Bonnies up 12 with 2 and a half to go.

VCU and Dayton will be worth it Saturday night.

Mike misses two layups to end it.

Lost season, two more games in the Crews error.

Good one with the Crews error

Danny Brown does the post game coach Crews hiding

The problem with MY's point forward play is that it leads to really nothing other than offensive fouls. Now, not to knock just him but the guard play is atrocious as well. Resurrect the preseaosn Post article. We knwo the answer --- we have ZERO poitn guards on the roster. There is not a single player among Hines, Reynolds, Bartley or Roby who has a clue on the dish part of drive-and-dish. Reynolds looks for his foul. Hines is no option. Bartley won't drive. And while Roby will he usually does so out of desparartion with five seconds on the shot clock. So there is no assist-minded guard on the roster except maybe Bishop who also appears to be more of a shooter and that means he can't pass to himself. I'd have no problem with MY as a point forward but to be one, his scoring would have to suffer. Didn't Ryan Leuchtefeld invent the "point forward" position? MY should be the option to the drive-and-dish, not the orginator and he doesn't initiate much for anyone else. I am still old school in my belief that you can be one or the other,not both. You can be both --- but you need to be named Magic, LeBron, Michael, Kobe or Bird for that. There are roles in a successful team --- Cody Ellis didn't play Curley Neal for a reason. Cory Remekun didn't launch threes. Mike McCall embraced defense. Jordair finished. Evans earned brusies in the paint. Kevin Lisch shot as did Hmark and Claggett.

I also believe the right coach is needed for the young MY. Of course, in any communication model, there is a sender and a receiver. I think there are short comings on both sides in that model when engaged in a MY discussion. What's the first step to recovery? Admitting you have a problem. There are many on this team.

Looks like another failure on my revised goals. PIG ---- here we come.

Umass is at Rhode island tomorrow and could join us and Duqesne in a three-way (even that doesn't excite me with this team) for 10th place. Being with Duquesne, we lose. Umass then hosts this La Salle group Saturday. Six wins for Umass.

Duquesne will lose at the Joeys. Five wins.

The Bonnies should beat us. Five wins.

Mason could beat Richmond. Five wins.

La Salle will close with four.

Elventh, twelfth, thirteenth. PIG

Umass is at Rhode island tomorrow and could join us and Duqesne in a three-way (even that doesn't excite me with this team) for 10th place. Being with Duquesne, we lose. Umass then hosts this La Salle group Saturday. Six wins for Umass.

So the question now is:

Can PIGs fly?

Fordham (16-12, 7-10) wins at Duquesne (15-15, 5-12).

This is true, I should have phrased it that that point forward idea needs to go. I think the players are talented and are only doing what they're taught to do.

There is no benefit to SLU beating St. B. If Bona gets to the NCAA it means more money for the conference! And it cements the Crews result.