coaches show?

Cowboy

Show starts talking about the coldness and the Vikings playing outdoors. Anecdote from Crews about Eskimos building the Alaskan pipeline. Doesn't think the weather in the area affects the quality of basketball. Lots of weather talk in the first 10 minutes. Talks about the terrible travel that SLU has versus other A10 members.

Show starts talking about the coldness and the Vikings playing outdoors. Anecdote from Crews about Eskimos building the Alaskan pipeline. Doesn't think the weather in the area affects the quality of basketball. Lots of weather talk in the first 10 minutes. Talks about the terrible travel that SLU has versus other A10 members.

Snooze

Offense has been better. Bishop an example of who has helped. Trouble finishing lately. 31 times within 4 feet and finished 12 of them. Only two turnovers was "off the charts" blames one on Crawford. Come out of the gates disastrous in the second half. Crews said they've tried everything. Including 3 possessions of zone. Haven't worked enough on zone - not enough time. Can't get good habits because you cant practice harder as the season goes on. Would like to play more zone this year. Credits Earl for noticing the zone thing.

Says Bishop is quick, smart, and a good listener. Credits him for sticking with it, says his decision making is better. Added "We didn't see him play in high school," which is confusing to me. Says he needs to get better defensively.

Ended by saying they just need to keep pushing through adversity. He knows they hear negative things and hopes they can tune it out. Said he doesn't know why they come out flat sometimes, but keep working, blah blah blah.

Said all the safe, "right" things but there was nothing too tough for him. Not really worth listening to.

Says Bishop is quick, smart, and a good listener. Credits him for sticking with it, says his decision making is better. Added "We didn't see him play in high school," which is confusing to me. Says he needs to get better defensively.

Wait, what? They never saw him play in high school?

Yeah, that was the biggest revelation in the whole interview, to me. Can anyone else confirm?

Crews was talking about how his role is evolving because he was expected to be a different player in high school, and then said, "Well, we didn't see him play in high school." I'm certain this is what he said; I guess it's possible he misspoke.

Yeah, that was the biggest revelation in the whole interview, to me. Can anyone else confirm?

Crews was talking about how his role is evolving because he was expected to be a different player in high school, and then said, "Well, we didn't see him play in high school." I'm certain this is what he said; I guess it's possible he misspoke.

Maybe they just saw him on his AAU team and now his HS team? :unsure:

They were talking about Aaron Hines when the mention of "not seeing him play in high school" was being bandied about.

Some bouquets thrown Bishops way. Says he kept a good attitude even when not playing. Put the work in. Makes a comment about guys trying hard one or two days in a row and expecting to be rewarded.

Five assists from Bishop, very impressive for this team. Named A-10 Newcomer of the week. Play him 25 minutes a game and see what we got. Whether injury or regression, there is no need to play Bartley much. At this stage he is a one-dimensional outside shooter who is not making shots.

Five assists from Bishop, very impressive for this team. Named A-10 Newcomer of the week. Play him 25 minutes a game and see what we got. Whether injury or regression, there is no need to play Bartley much. At this stage he is a one-dimensional outside shooter who is not making shots.

I agree with playing Bishop given the state of this season but his defense is just horrid. He's got a long way to go there

I agree with playing Bishop given the state of this season but his defense is just horrid. He's got a long way to go there

Bad defense is widespread on this team, so I can live with it. He's just a freshman who has barely played. There is an adjustment period getting used to the speed of play. Defense can improve with increased playing time. There are numerous examples. The team needs point guard play. Let him play.

But didn't Ash take the ball up the floor for most of the GM game? It didn't seem like Bishop played the point all that much, but I could be remembering wrong.

Both Hines and Bishop initiated the offense more than Ash. I saw better ball movement with those two then in previous games with Reynolds, Bartley and Roby handling the rock.