Here's to the Future

Some people have messaged me questioning why I won't put any names on the board regarding transfers. Pretty simple IMO. The things I heard were during the heat of the season. I'm assuming players might say things they don't really mean. Now the names I've heard aren't even remotely surprising so it makes sense that they could leave, but I don't want to fully put my reputation on there and use specific names because 1. it's unfair to the players and 2. i know how this board would react if even one of them stuck around.

But what you guys are doing isn't already unfair to the players?

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

His gameplan last night was good for the first half but no adjustments were made at half time.

Crews has NEVER made halftime adjustments. It has been clear every game since he took over; the only reason people were not bitching more about the lack of adjustments was because we were squeaking wins by with last second baskets from Jett.

It's probably unfair. Fair to assume transfers. Probably not to fair to speculate on who. Plus like I said, who knows what could change. I should have never brought it up because rumors are just rumors

His gameplan last night was good for the first half but no adjustments were made at half time.

Crews has NEVER made halftime adjustments. It has been clear every game since he took over; the only reason people were not bitching more about the lack of adjustments was because we were squeaking wins by with last second baskets from Jett.

I hope no one transfers. Tanner wouldn't shock me being so far from home and not playing a lot, for whatever reason he just couldn't shoot this year. I think he can though and that could change. He just never could get untracked or in a rythym. I'd be curious to know how he shot in practice if you have any info

totally agree. Some refer to DU as the worst coached team in the conference. They beat us 2/3. You see where im going here...

totally agree. Some refer to DU as the worst coached team in the conference. They beat us 2/3. You see where im going here...

My list for the top flight coaches in the A10:

McKillick

Shaka

Miller

Mooney

Lonegran (sp?)-GWU

Kellogg

The rest are fair to middling to not much. My first two choices for SLU would be either Miller or Mooney. McKillick's not going anywhere. He's had lots of feelers from ACC schools over the years according to my So Con experts and said no thanks. Some guys find their niche and are perfectly content to stay put. I wished we could find a guy like that for the long term. I think had UB been successful at SLU he would have been a long termer, unfortunately he just couldn't recruit an eskimo to a free Caribbean Cruise.

Someone somewhere pointed out that even with a true point guard, we didn't have a lot of options to record assists on. I am sure some of that has to do with a point guard drawing two defenders and creating the mismatch/assist but it is a usual catch-22.

I've got to believe that the staff, as we did, thought they'd get more in a point situation with McBroom and that didn't happen. The problem I see with our three freshmen guards is that none of them displayed the drive-and-dish mentality needed for a point. Bartley appears to be more comfortable as a spot-up shooter and pulls his dribbl eup at odd times, Roby seems to display a slasher/driver perference and I still don't know what Reynolds is based on his body of work -- maybe a drive and get hammered looking for the foul guy.

Bartley shot a lot of threes this year because he's built like a stick and wasn't going to score anywhere else on the floor. If you Google his high school career, his offensive game was more balanced. We'll see if he can drive at this level once he's 185 lb instead of 170.

Jolly put soething on Twitter/Instagram that made it sound like he was staying. Whatever your thoughts on Jolly (I'm a fan but you probably disagree) continuity is really a good thing with this group

agree. the less transfers the better.

agree. the less transfers the better.

ummm, no, we need at least jolly out of here in a hurry. i can actually lose jolly before lancona. i've no use for a big man that can't do big man sh!t. the equivalent of dwayne polk in the lane is so much worse of a situation. jolly WILL NOT develop.