George Mason Post Game Press Conference

HSmith. In fairness, who are you and why should any of us care if you heard of Jim Crews recruiting or not when he was RM's assistant. Check your ego at the door please.

Seriously. If you are correct that Whitesell did more recruiting and if recruiting if as important as we think it is, then why did Crews get selected over Whitesell? If you are correct, we are to assume that Jim Crews was not really involved in recruiting and yet someone at SLU decided he would be both our Interim HC and then permanent HC jumping over other guys (Whitesell) with more experience at SLU including recruiting? Odd, don't you think?

Sorry, but whether or not Crews or Whitesell did more recruiting is another one of your false arguments. Who knows and who cares. What if I say that I heard that Jim Crews was our main recruiter that year? Does that make it true? Prove to us that Crews did not recruit and was not involved in recruiting. Sure, one guy may do more recruiting than the next guy -- especially if that is their forte and if they have already long-established relationships with the recruits

El Oh El.

Is this a joke? I never claimed to have any inside info. All I know is what I read on here and in the paper. The scuttlebutt I remember at the time was that Whitesell was more involved in recruiting and Crews was brought in as more of an in-game assistant because of his history with Majerus. That's why a lot of people were surprised by Crews getting the job over Whitesell at the time. And over the last few days I have been specifically asking why Crews got the job over Whitesell. A few people have been saying it was done without Majerus' input, which does indeed seem very odd to me. Something does not add up if that is true, and I have said as much.

I was genuinely curious if my impression about Whitesell being more of a recruiter was accurate. And yes, if you did indeed have information/reason to believe that Crews was heavily involved with recruiting that year, I would definitely be interested to hear it. That's why I asked. How anyone could possibly take that as "ego" on my part is pretty bizarre. Now, why should anyone care what other MBMs think on here? Well, I won't speak for anyone else, but I think discussing sports with fellow fans can be a fun and interesting diversion. That's what we do on here. If you don't care about that type of stuff, I have to wonder what you get out of posting on here.

"Bloviate" is definitely the operative word here. It is impressive that you can take yourself so seriously while illuminating so little of any of the topics actually being discussed.

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ash hit a rare 3 early in the first half. Crawford made a layup to bring the margin back under 30 after GM had the big pennant-clinching celebration on their bench when the walk-on made a shot. I think Manning finally blocked a shot for the first time in two months. Those are the only highlights I can remember, but I am probably forgetting one or two Billiken free throws that were nothing but net.

It was my understanding that the 6 month contract that JC signed was with the understanding that he would not do out of town recruiting - he did not want to travel. He did do local recruiting.

Thanks. That was my recollection as well, but I didn't realize he did local recruiting.

But now that Clocktower is getting all metaphysical I am doubtful. Who are any of us and why should anyone care about anything? How do we know Jim Crews is actually not the Lizard Man, and if so, does it really matter? It's enough to drive one to nihilism.

You can all relax, I'm here to put your minds at ease. If all the frosh plus MC and RA stay we will be in the NIT next year and the NCAA tourney the year after. No need to discuss any further ... there is no chance I am wrong

You can all relax, I'm here to put your minds at ease. If all the frosh plus MC and RA stay we will be in the NIT next year and the NCAA tourney the year after. No need to discuss any further ... there is no chance I am wrong

You might be wrong. We might make the tournament next year.

Thanks. That was my recollection as well, but I didn't realize he did local recruiting.

But now that Clocktower is getting all metaphysical I am doubtful. Who are any of us and why should anyone care about anything? How do we know Jim Crews is actually not the Lizard Man, and if so, does it really matter? It's enough to drive one to nihilism.

You are a font of knowledge. Maybe that's why you post as much as you do. I, for one, am learning new things each day. Until your posts, I had always figured that MLK Jr. down as a conservative.

Cannot wait for your 15 posts today!! Are you sure you are not metz, postcard, stlfinest...?

Just like the Cubs and White Sox this year, I'd like to see a .500 + record before talking about postseason births

Every time we have made the tournament in the last 50 years, it has followed a losing season except for the rare occasions when we have managed to do it consecutively:

12-17 in '92-'93 --> 23-6 and NCAA in in '93-'94 --> 23-8 and NCAA in '94-'95

11-18 in '96-'97 --> 22-11 and NCAA in '97-'98

15-16 in '98-'99 --> 19-14 and NCAA in '99-'00

12-19 in '10-'11 --> 26-8 and NCAA in '11-'12 --> 28-7 and NCAA in '12-'13 --> 27-7 and NCAA in '13-14

So huge and sudden jumps seems to be what it takes. 2010 wasn't the first. I'm certainly not going to plan on a tourney berth next year, but I'm just superstitious enough to think that maybe if we suffer through one more losing season next year, we can jump all the way to the tourney in 2017.

It will take a Miracle in Memphis-type conference tournament next season in order for us to see the NCAA Tournament. That's what happened in 2000.

I'm not sure there's a good synonym for miracle that starts with P - next season's A10 Tournament is in Pittsburgh.