SIU-C Series

billiCAN

There have been a couple gaps in the series. We are due to play them on the road, if we are starting a series with MO st on the road next year we probably didn't want to have both teams scheduled away the same year.

There have been a couple gaps in the series. We are due to play them on the road, if we are starting a series with MO st on the road next year we probably didn't want to have both teams scheduled away the same year.

That makes sense. I know Hinson has said they want to continue the series. Also, the AD at Carbondale is leaving and the MVC is changing their requirements for non-conference scheduling. So, they may be slow getting their ducks in a row.

Mo State are due to come here based on the fact that the last meeting was on their floor and they initiated the breakup.

We've played SIUC 33 times in 32 seasons. If the gap is 1 year, due to the fact that the only way Mo State will play us is if they get the first home game in the series - that's lame, but understandable. If it's not back on the schedule the year after next, I will be upset.

1983-84 1

1984-85 1

1985-86 1

1986-87 1

1987-88 0

1988-89 1 (NIT)

1989-90 2

1990-91 2

1991-92 2

1992-93 2

1993-94 1

1994-95 1

1995-96 1

1996-97 1

1997-98 1

1998-99 1

1999-00 1

2000-01 1

2001-02 1

2002-03 1

2003-04 0

2004-05 1

2005-06 1

2006-07 1

2007-08 1

2008-09 1

2009-10 1

2010-11 0

2011-12 1

2012-13 1

2013-14 1

2014-15 1

We should throw SEMO a 2 for 1 bone. Show me center is a good basketball arena and there are some cool bars to pre-game.

right to both this and SIUE. any local kind of team is justifiable for same reason as the Mid city 1/2 house's refusal to schedule us. When I see Tar heels pulverizing NCA&T I don't moan as much because it is in state or close. I really enjoyed our game in Edwardsville. (Thnx again Westy). It was fun going to a road game and being home 1/2 hr later and hear Rammer and the Awesome one the whole time.

right to both this and SIUE. any local kind of team is justifiable for same reason as the Mid city 1/2 house's refusal to schedule us. When I see Tar heels pulverizing NCA&T I don't moan as much because it is in state or close. I really enjoyed our game in Edwardsville. (Thnx again Westy). It was fun going to a road game and being home 1/2 hr later and hear Rammer and the Awesome one the whole time.

I agree. There are other games that can be cut.

SIU will be on the schedule again. Its our doing taking them off the schedule. No way Hinson wouldn't want to play us at home.

The reason we didn't renew with MO St was because they wanted two home games in a row. It makes sense tat they'd still want to renew the series starting it at home.

I still don't think we should play them.

SIU will be on the schedule again. Its our doing taking them off the schedule. No way Hinson wouldn't want to play us at home.

The reason we didn't renew with MO St was because they wanted two home games in a row. It makes sense tat they'd still want to renew the series starting it at home.

-Torch, your first two sentences seem in conflict, will we play them or did we take them off the schedule?

With a public apology and a 2 for 1 to kick things off, I'd play them again......

We should schedule Jackson State late next December, after sememster break. It might be Cam Biedscheid's coming out party. Just think of the extra six seats we might need for his family and friends to see his debut. Of course, he probably will have transferred out of JSU by then, so there is that danger.

We should schedule Jackson State late next December, after sememster break. It might be Cam Biedscheid's coming out party. Just think of the extra six seats we might need for his family and friends to see his debut. Of course, he probably will have transferred out of JSU by then, so there is that danger.

We'll see sCam next fall when he suits up for Harris Stowe.

Didn't the idea of a Spoonhour Classic (with MO State, UNLV and Nebraska or Eastern IL-Jay Spoon's team) and a Majerus Classic (with Marquette, Ball St. and Utah) get thrown around here? If those could happen in alternating years, it would be a nice tribute and make the non-con more interesting.