OT: Mizzou to hire Kim

• Replies 319
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Also, how can any Big 5 basketball program justify paying it's basketball coach more than it's football coach from hear on out. Football is the reason for the big money TV deals. The days of people like Coach K making huge money compared to the football coach are numbered.

Also, how can any Big 5 basketball program justify paying it's basketball coach more than it's football coach from hear on out. Football is the reason for the big money TV deals. The days of people like Coach K making huge money compared to the football coach are numbered.

For what it's worth I agree with you. 3.2 Million a year would be the 7th highest salary in college basketball. Not worth it.

For what it's worth I agree with you. 3.2 Million a year would be the 7th highest salary in college basketball. Not worth it.

The days of basketball coaches getting paid close to or more what the football coach makes at Big 5 schools are going to be history as K, Cal, Pitino, etc retire. How can Louisville in the future justify paying a basketball coach more than the football coach when the football program brings in so much more money?

He's getting 1.7 million for 7 years, which is less than he was making at Mizzou, but presumably 6 more years of money than he would have gotten from Mizzou. Anderson is making 1.1 million guaranteed with incentives that can push it to around 2 million.

I thought it was the other way around - he is getting more at Tulsa and for more years. I thought he was making 1.75 at MU and will be getting 1.85.

I remember once upon a time when I thought I could be a fan of both SLU and Mizzou. lol I was so ignorant.

You really can be, contrary to the beliefs of posters here. I'm a much bigger Mizzou fan because it's my alma mater but I grew up watching the Billikens so I'm a fan of them as well.

(cue all the posts telling me this can't possibly be true)

You really can be, contrary to the beliefs of posters here. I'm a much bigger Mizzou fan because it's my alma mater but I grew up watching the Billikens so I'm a fan of them as well.

(cue all the posts telling me this can't possibly be true)

Hah, I was being (sort of) sarcastic. I know plenty of reasonable people who root for both. But I think hanging out in online forums (and Mizzou or SLU-favored bars) kinda skews your perspective a little bit. Mizzou's administration refusing to schedule SLU and generally acting like SLU is the little brother doesn't help matters, either.

Hah, I was being (sort of) sarcastic. I know plenty of reasonable people who root for both. But I think hanging out in online forums (and Mizzou or SLU-favored bars) kinda skews your perspective a little bit. Mizzou's administration refusing to schedule SLU and generally acting like SLU is the little brother doesn't help matters, either.

I personally think it's a manufactured storyline. It's not a historical rivalry so i'm not outraged when it doesn't happen. It'd be a lot of fun for sure.

I wouldn't have a problem with Mizzou not playing SLU if I heard a logical argument. Still haven't heard one. Mizzou leads the all time series 21-19 so the argument that SLU "hasn't been competitive until recently" simply isn't valid.

Thank god we don't play them. It would hurt our RPI. Plus, they would actually fill their arena for once. There's no benefit to us.

I wouldn't have a problem with Mizzou not playing SLU if I heard a logical argument. Still haven't heard one. Mizzou leads the all time series 21-19 so the argument that SLU "hasn't been competitive until recently" simply isn't valid.

I wish Mizzou played Kansas, too. I try not to get too worked up about it.