OT: Mizzou to hire Kim

Mizzou can pay coaches more, recruits at a higher level, has a better tv contract, and is in a better conference than Wichita State.

I'm not sure how we want to define what makes a program better than another, but if I had to bet on the future of one of these schools, it would be Mizzou.

P.S. I am a zero percent Mizzou fan. I root for them to lose almost all of their games.

Exactly.

There is a much bigger overall budget for the Missouri team, usually more money for the head coach and especially assistant coaches, have played and still playing in a superior power conference, have a superior TV contract, and, to boot Missouri has foo-foo phony jock only courses... not sure if WSU does, SLU does NOT. And JUCO's can get into Missouri and play hoops. Not SLU. Not really. Not the kind that get into Missouri. Not sure about WSU on that issue, either.

With all of the issues IMO Missouri will have a flat few years then recover after the dust settles, get a star coach when it does.

Though I disagree with one point, I hope they lose every game.

• Replies 319
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Mizzou can pay coaches more, recruits at a higher level, has a better tv contract, and is in a better conference than Wichita State.

I'm not sure how we want to define what makes a program better than another, but if I had to bet on the future of one of these schools, it would be Mizzou.

P.S. I am a zero percent Mizzou fan. I root for them to lose almost all of their games.

Who do you want them to beat? Do they play thr Russians?

• 2 weeks later...

I think we can all agree that the Wichita State and SLU basketball programs are currently both in much better shape than SPUMAC basketball...

Im not so sure. SLU just graduated 5 seniors, 3 of them 4 year starters, extremely young and leery of playing either McBroom or a freshman at pg among other issues. Mizzou returns 2 starters along with a recruiting class that includes two top 75 players, and a 5th year transfer that led his conference in assists. Mizzou has issues and question marks as well, but why is SLU in so much better shape?

Im not so sure. SLU just graduated 5 seniors, 3 of them 4 year starters, extremely young and leery of playing either McBroom or a freshman at pg among other issues. Mizzou returns 2 starters along with a recruiting class that includes two top 75 players, and a 5th year transfer that led his conference in assists. Mizzou has issues and question marks as well, but why is SLU in so much better shape?

I think you can certainly point to what happened with Price, as well as just the nature of an unknown at HC. I think this year it's anyone guess who will have a better season but I don't look at Mizzou's roster and say "they're in good shape." Building blocks are there for sure especially with Gant and Wright staying on but so many question marks.

I just dont know what puts SLU in better shape right now. Im not saying Mizzou is better. They are influx, but 7 of their current 11 players are 4 star guys, so they have some decent building blocks

We all know the recruiting stars win games

I just dont know what puts SLU in better shape right now. Im not saying Mizzou is better. They are influx, but 7 of their current 11 players are 4 star guys, so they have some decent building blocks

I'm not saying Mizzou is better either, but we also have a better APR. It's weird, but even our outlaw SEC football program has a better APR than the SLU men's basketball team.

I do want to congratulate SLU on having an excellent last few years. You have to fear a regression to the mean though.

I'm not saying Mizzou is better either, but we also have a better APR. It's weird, but even our outlaw SEC football program has a better APR than the SLU men's basketball team.

I do want to congratulate SLU on having an excellent last few years. You have to fear a regression to the mean though.

Calling MB...

(This is going to be epic)

I don't often laugh out loud but when I do it is always regarding a mizzery tiger fan.

We are in better shape because we have a coach who knows how to win D-1 basketball games. Granted, the jury still seems to be out on Crews as the seniors graduate, but we have a nice group of recruits coming in as well as a staff that has proven they know what it takes to compete at a high level. Have "top recruits/transfers" helped mizzou the past two seasons? I think not. And Kim Anderson has to prove that he can actually win as a head coach at the D-1 level. There is a HUGE gap between D1 and D2 basketball...

And the Mizzery trolls start coming out of the woodwork as their basketball program continues to become more irrelevant at a school that has put all of its eggs into the football basket.

We are in better shape because we have a coach who knows how to win D-1 basketball games. Granted, the jury still seems to be out on Crews as the seniors graduate, but we have a nice group of recruits coming in as well as a staff that has proven they know what it takes to compete at a high level. Have "top recruits/transfers" helped mizzou the past two seasons? I think not. And Kim Anderson has to prove that he can actually win as a head coach at the D-1 level. There is a HUGE gap between D1 and D2 basketball...

And the Mizzery trolls start coming out of the woodwork as their basketball program continues to become more irrelevant at a school that has put all of its eggs into the football basket.

Those transfers did help them go 46-23 and make 1 NCAA tourney instead of having rebuilding years. And there is a difference between D1 and D2 in talent sometimes but the court is still 94 feet, a screen is a screen, the X's and O's are the same

He won a lot with Rick Majerus' recruits.

Don't think many of us don't remember you from your days on this board in the early 2000s and some recent posts of yours on the tigerboard that were disgustingly anti-SLU.

If you really believe bragging about the APR is important then I think SLU wants its law degree back from you.

And Haith couldn't even win with his own "talented" recuits...

I know Haith wasn't amazing and missing the tournament sucked but did everyone here suddenly start thinking that winning just shy of 75% of your games is terrible suddenly?

Mizzou really has come a long way from the Quin Era if that's the best you can do.

I know Haith wasn't amazing and missing the tournament sucked but did everyone here suddenly start thinking that winning just shy of 75% of your games is terrible suddenly?

Mizzou really has come a long way from the Quin Era if that's the best you can do.

Yep, 76-28 in 3 years, never won less than 23 games, 2 NCAA appearances, National COY, at least 4players drafted or playing in the NBA, he didnt maintain the great start, but wasnt by any definition bad

Amazing what correspondence courses can do for a school's APR.