OT SPUMAC: And the hits just keep on comin'

What is the story between Alden and Sunvold?

Not sure what all the details are. Just heard that Sunvold backing of Self was the end of Self's chances of getting the job and that when he made Sunvold part of the search committee the last time he didn't listen to the search committee at all. It was basically set up so Alden wouldn't be accused of not making Sunvold part of the process while keeping him out of the actual process.

• Replies 295
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Not sure what all the details are. Just heard that Sunvold backing of Self was the end of Self's chances of getting the job and that when he made Sunvold part of the search committee the last time he didn't listen to the search committee at all. It was basically set up so Alden wouldn't be accused of not making Sunvold part of the process while keeping him out of the actual process.

I've never heard any of this.

O I see, I was confused at first now it makes more sense, so you're saying Nebraska had a better last 7 months, so that surpasses the fact that mizzou had a better last 17 years.

No, I'm talking about the state of the program. What does Mizzou have going for them now, even though I could give 1 sh!t? I hope they continue to spiral. Haith is a joke, they are felons, and the AD is a clown. At least they were good when Norm was there...that makes them a better program.

The real question is why would Tim Miles go to Columbia??? And why would Mizzou stoop to the low levels of Nebraska to get their next coach?

No, I'm talking about the state of the program. What does Mizzou have going for them now, even though I could give 1 ****? I hope they continue to spiral. Haith is a joke, they are felons, and the AD is a clown. At least they were good when Norm was there...that makes them a better program.

I'm certainly not incredibly pleased with this past season, but let's be real Nebraska would have killed for Haith's level of success at Mizzou prior to this season. Nebraska has never had 3 20 win seasons in a row.

Nebraska has won one more NCAA game than Haith. In the entire history of their basketball program.

I'm certainly not incredibly pleased with this past season, but let's be real Nebraska would have killed for Haith's level of success at Mizzou prior to this season. Nebraska has never had 3 20 win seasons in a row.

Nebraska has won one more NCAA game than Haith. In the entire history of their basketball program.

Actually Nebraska has never won a NCAA game. But, Tim Miles still will not leave Nebraska for a lesser job at Mizzou - due to talent, facilities, attendance and recent success. Let that one sink in, it's not the same comparison it has been for years. "SEC, SEC ... "

Actually Nebraska has never won a NCAA game. But, Tim Miles still will not leave Nebraska for a lesser job at Mizzou - due to talent, facilities, attendance and recent success. Let that one sink in, it's not the same comparison it has been for years. "SEC, SEC ... "

Nebraska went 19-13 this year, just so we're clear. Mizzou has some of the best facilities in the country, and "recent success" apparently doesn't include the last two years?

Nebraska went 19-13 this year, just so we're clear. Mizzou has some of the best facilities in the country, and "recent success" apparently doesn't include the last two years?

I'm done. I hate Mizzou and hope they go to hell in a hand basket. I'm sad that Haith is leaving, because they had him on their way. My argument is that Tim Miles would never join that cluster, because he has everything going for him where he is.

This is a SLU board, so I'm done with this conversation. Go SLU, keep collapsing Mizzou.

Yeah, let's not pretend that Nebraska is anything but a bottom-tier B1G basketball program. They've been to the NCAA tournament seven times in their history, and have yet to win a single tournament game. It's going to take far, far more than a promising coach and nice new facilities to wipe away so many years of futility.

Edit: Just to be clear, I don't think Tim Miles would leave Nebraska for Mizzou, if only because he has a lot of positive momentum riding at Nebraska - and, if he keeps things rolling, he could presumably be in line for a better job than Mizzou. (Which would, of course, be preferable to starting all over at Mizzou.) But, again, there's a big, big difference between Tim Miles not jumping to Mizzou and Mizzou not having the superior program.

bwahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahhaha

bwahhahahahahahahahhahaha

I wish the dude would've stayed he's a train wreck. But this, leaving for Tulsa, is great too. How embarrassing.

It's like they've become a satire of themselves.

They must have some strange politics over there.

The trashing of and total disrespect of Anderson's record on Tigerboard is just unbelievable. You would think he only just won the Little Shamrock tournament.

Tiger fans deserve whatever future loser that Alden hires. Kim Anderson is too good for that cess pool basketball program.

The trashing of and total disrespect of Anderson's record on Tigerboard is just unbelievable. You would think he only just won the Little Shamrock tournament.

Tiger fans deserve whatever future loser that Alden hires. Kim Anderson is too good for that cess spool basketball program.

The best is Kim English. For some reason all media types and Mizzou guys lap up whatever he says.

Tiger fans deserve whatever future loser that Alden hires. Kim Anderson is too good for that cess pool basketball program.

Stewart groomed Anderson to take over for him. At the time all the Mizzou fans and Boosters bigtimed Anderson and didn't want him. Now is name is brought up everytime they have a coaching vacancy but he's perceived as inadequate and below the program by everyone associated with Mizzou hoops. Frankly if they had just hired Anderson to replace Norm the program would have been much better off.