GDT: The Billikens are Coming! The Billikens are Coming!

slu72

• Replies 588
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Whooooooooo Hooooooooo! 2 seed baby. Thank you LaSalle. It just got way easier. We're both going to the title game!!! I was at that snow nasty LaSalle game where VCU snuck out with the W. Don't ever count that team out. Let's smack it down in the final guys and gals!!!! Can't be happier.

I'd really rather us not having to play St. Joes. Galloway is a beast. Can't wait for Friday!!!! I got the Lux Box seats all weekend gratis. It's gonna be an epic tourney with a lot of teams that can win it. You guys just got your 5 seed. We may have the same. So cool for the A10!!!!!!

I agree, but who knows what was drawn up there...I'm going to say it most likely wasn't that. Probably supposed to be an iso for JJ, anticipating a drive, but he took the jumper

Don't even think an iso play for JJ coming out of the time out would have been the right call. Draw up something better than that.

This sucks. St. Joes is very much back on the bubble.

Exactly, what I was thinking. I want them in. Still, if someone pulls a St. B in the tourney, we still may have a shot at 6 as long as St.Joe's is the victim to the St. B surprise.

Exactly, what I was thinking. I want them in. Still, if someone pulls a St. B in the tourney, we still may have a shot at 6 as long as St.Joe's is the victim to the St. B surprise.

The potential Dayton/st joes 4/5 game projects as an NCAA tourney play-in game. Tough to see the loser of that game still being on the right side of the bubble.

Great win, I didn't think you had it in you, but Jett has got be one of the most clutch players in college basketball right now.

Everybody and their mom knew what was coming, and still nobody could stop it.

Hopefully, that win will save you in the rankings, it would be awesome for an A10 final with SLU and VCU being ranked.

Congrats on being champs for the 2nd time, have a beer, and try not to get too sloppy, there is still work to be done!!

The potential Dayton/st joes 4/5 game projects as an NCAA tourney play-in game. Tough to see the loser of that game still being on the right side of the bubble.

St. Joe's RPI is 41; Dayton's RPI is 39. That should get both in, but you may well be right if the NCAA subtracts the 6th A10 team to make room for some BCS also ran like Mizzou, Florida State, or Cal, or a Big East below the line middler like Providence or St. John's, or Georgetown. But I think Georgetown must win the Big East Tournament to get IN.

I could see the NCAA giving the Big East or ACC one more team and subtract that team from the A10's 6.

Other A10 RPI's: VCU 13, UMass 17, SLU 18, GW 30.

I'm really happy and relieved that SLU won today at UMass. I didn't want to SLU to enter the A10 Tournament with 4 losses. This big road win as an underdog at UMass makes up somewhat for the Duquesne home loss.

Otherwise I am pleased with SLU's A10 Tournament Bracket. In large measure, SLU is in the Catholic Side Upper Bracket: 1- SLU, 4- St. Joe's, 5- Dayton, 8- LaSalle, 9- St. Bona.

The Lower Bracket houses 2 VCU, 3 GW, 6 UMass, 7 Richmond, and 11 URI.

VCU and GW split in the regular season, each winning on its home court. I like having VCU, GW, and UMass in the Lower Bracket, and farther away from (our) Billikens.

By the way, the Dayton fans at udpride.com are happy with the Billikens' win too, as SLU's win catapulted UD over UMass and into the 5th seed.

Great win, I didn't think you had it in you, but Jett has got be one of the most clutch players in college basketball right now.

Hopefully, that win will save you in the rankings, it would be awesome for an A10 final with SLU and VCU being ranked.

Congrats on being champs for the 2nd time, have a beer, and try not to get too sloppy, there is still work to be done!!

Looking forward to seeing you guys next Sunday. There's no one I'd rather beat for the conference tournament title.

Thank you.

Good luck in Brooklyn, except on Sunday, and in the NCAA Tournament.

This is the way I see it also. SJU's loss to LaSalle was a killer for them and the league. Probably only 4 get in now - especially with the usual upsets hat occur in the one bid leagues, there is always a 2-3 suprises.

St. Joe's RPI is 41; Dayton's RPI is 39. That should get both in, but you may well be right if the NCAA subtracts the 6th A10 team to make room for some BCS also ran like Mizzou, Florida State, or Cal, or a Big East below the line middler like Providence or St. John's, or Georgetown. But I think Georgetown must win the Big East Tournament to get IN.

I could see the NCAA giving the Big East or ACC one more team and subtract that team from the A10's 6.

Other A10 RPI's: VCU 13, UMass 17, SLU 18, GW 30.

I'm really happy and relieved that SLU won today at UMass. I didn't want to SLU to enter the A10 Tournament with 4 losses. This big road win as an underdog at UMass makes up somewhat for the Duquesne home loss.

An RPI in the 40s is not a lock. Missouri is out unless they win the SEC tourney.

This is the way I see it also. SJU's loss to LaSalle was a killer for them and the league. Probably only 4 get in now - especially with the usual upsets hat occur in the one bid leagues, there is always a 2-3 suprises.

I think 5 is the minimum at this point. SLU, VCU, GW and UMass are locks. The only way we don't get 5 is if Dayton loses its opener to the 12/13 seed, then that same team beats st joes.