GDT: The Billikens are Coming! The Billikens are Coming!

slu72

• Replies 588
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think 5 is the minimum at this point. SLU, VCU, GW and UMass are locks. The only way we don't get 5 is if Dayton loses its opener to the 12/13 seed, then that same team beats st joes.

Dayton may very well get in but it will be close - they have to go far in the A10 tourney and there has to be others things not happen elsewhere. Therefore, I do not feel comfortable counting them now - I agree about the 4 you mentioned.

An RPI in the 40s is not a lock. Missouri is out unless they win the SEC tourney.[/quote

Didn't Missouri State get left out with an RPI in the 28 to 32 range?

Their RPI was 21. Completely different situation, though. And I don't think they would ever leave a team with that high of an RPI out nowadays

An RPI in the 40s is not a lock. Missouri is out unless they win the SEC tourney.[/quote

Didn't Missouri State get left out with an RPI in the 28 to 32 range?

Yep - a 40ish RPI is a far cry from a 21. By the way - The Selection Committee screwed SMS because they believed that the MVC got too many teams in - not sure how that may be different from the A10 getting 5-6 teams in - 4 for sure and a 5th will requre some things to happen in other conferences or one of the 4 we are getting in does not win the A10 tourney.

Lunardi had 6 A-10's in The Dance going into the weekend, only 3 BE.

IMO no way.

13 team A-10: probably 5, maybe just 4.

10 team BE: 4, maybe even 5.

And we all know the conference tourneys can really change things, TBD.

Do you guys think that, outside of who wins a conference tournament, the results in that tournament should be considered during the selection process?

Yes, they should be considered but no more than the regular season. The committees job is to figure out which 30 something at large teams played the best over the entire season, including conference tourneys. Their job is most certainly NOT to award a conference a certain number of bids no matter how good the conference is.

Do you guys think that, outside of who wins a conference tournament, the results in that tournament should be considered during the selection process?

Should they be or will they be? I am sure they will be, probably should be considered. It's all basketball.

Will the A10 have its referees "fix" those games for Dayton and St Joe's to get 6 teams into the ncaa tourney?

You're implying that the A10 zebras are smart enough to make that happen.......They aren't even smart enough to play with themselves (sorry for the drunken Slapshot reference)