GDT: The Billikens are Coming! The Billikens are Coming!

slu72

And the "legend" Shaka still has never won a regular season conference title. Glad we have a coach who can win titles.

ABSOLUTELY!

Question for the Board- who spends more time on the court during play:

A) Shaka Khan of VCWho

B) the Lost Baldwin Brother of Amherst

C) the Other Brother Hurley of Rhode Island and the Providence Plantations

D) Archie Bunker of UDee

E) Schwartz, the Abominable Snowman of the Enchanted Mountains

F) All of the above

Question 2- Does VCWho, the former Richmond Professional Institute, have a uniform small enough for Shaka? Don't you have to be in uniform if you are on the court during play?

• Replies 588
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

How about a little R-E-S-P-E-C-T?

And no, we don't need it from your ilk.

But how about it after all you and your ilk have posted on our Board the last several weeks?

Read this- SLU IS OUTRIGHT A10 CHAMPS, BACK TO BACK CHAMPS, RE-PEAT BABY.

Another Banner will be hung at Chaifetz Arena.

Respect was just given. Can't any of you yahoos accept respect when you see it? Again, solid win. Can't wait for the final! It will be epic no matter who wins. JJ looks like his knee is just fine. Congratulations on the A10 win from my ilk! :rolleyes:

Agreed that play was huge. Rob played great defense all game especially on the boards. He didn't score much but we limited their offensive rebounds which is a big part of their offense

It was Huge and there were a TON of great plays in that last 4 minutes. MM with a three and a drive into the lane, Loe with nice move on the low Post, Dwayne posting deep and finding a way to get his shot off (getting fouled and not getting the and 1, goes without saying), Jett's Rebound and 2 FT, and I suspect good D from JB too.

Respect was just given. Can't any of you yahoos accept respect when you see it? Again, solid win. Can't wait for the final! It will be epic no matter who wins. JJ looks like his knee is just fine. Congratulations on the A10 win from my ilk! :rolleyes:

Ok, thanks.

Good luck in Brooklyn, until Sunday (hopefully) and thereafter in the Big Dance.

You do have a point about us all being in this together.

I never felt like we were in need of a time out (at a point where we didn't take one). It was a close, grind it out game most of the way

A time out during the UMass run before the 4 minute media time out would not have been out of question.

Fair enough. I disagree, but reasonable minds can do that

I disagree too. When UMass went on that 8-0 first half run, that's when I would have called timeout. That run eventually went to 10-0.

But all is well that ends well. And the Bills were like poetry in motion at both ends at crunch time those last 3 minutes.

Fair enough. I disagree, but reasonable minds can do that

A time out during the UMass run before the 4 minute media time out would not have been out of question.

All I meant is I never felt like it was crazy we didn't take a TO. During the run might have been a good time but we also had the lead before that so I didn't find it to be as big of a deal. Plus, I don't classify one time as not using our timeouts properly. But it's all a matter of opinion, of course.

In the previous 3 or 4 games there was 2 or 3 times during each game where I was shocked we didn't take a time out

JJ's got my vote for MVP. DE looked really good, too. Surprised to even see them playing, given what was said here the past few days. But I'm sure glad they did. We really needed them.

That was a tough game to watch. I really thought SLU was going to lose another one. So happy they pulled it out for the A-10 championship. But we can't keep playing like this in the A10 & NCAA tourneys. Let's work on 3s, FTs & getting 10 point or more leads so we don't have to go down to the buzzer.

And, lastly, Congrats, guys!!! You did it again!!

Thanks. Now on to Brooklyn for all.

All I meant is I never felt like it was crazy we didn't take a TO. During the run might have been a good time but we also had the lead before that so I didn't find it to be as big of a deal.

In the previous 3 or 4 games there was 2 or 3 times during each game where I was shocked we din't take a time out

You are right. The lack of time outs in this game was not as alarming as in earlier games. I think my reaction was moreso to that other posters were giving a bit of praise to coaching and planning - when I will admit I am less of a Crews hire enthusiast - I can go back in this thread and point out some "huh?" moments (e.g. Jett's 18 foot shot after a time out when we had 10 seconds left on the shot clock, the amount of playing time Barnett had despite his struggles). These are relatively minor but things were not flawless.

La Salle up 8 on St. Joe's with 3 minutes to go. SJU loses and they are the #4 seed in the A-10 tourney, putting them on our side of the bracket. A win makes them #2 seed, putting them and VCU on the other side of the bracket.

La Salle up 8 on St. Joe's with 3 minutes to go. SJU loses and they are the #4 seed in the A-10 tourney, putting them on our side of the bracket. A win makes them #2 seed, putting them and VCU on the other side of the bracket.

St. Joe is the team of the top few seeds I want to see. They don't have the depth to out-athlete us.