Loe to 1,000

Taj79

Would love to see this and see four of our five most winningest seniors crack that club. Evans, Jett and McCall already there. Loe at 898 according to tonight's game notes. Figure on six guarantee games right now (Duq, VCU, Day, Umass,A10 and NCAA) means Rob needs to average 17 ppg. Of course, if we make the finals of the A10 and go to the Sweet Sixteen, that'll add four more games and take the Kiwi average need per game right even with his current 10.2 ppg numbers.

Would love to have Rob join the list given his great work this year!

A little more math on Loe's needed average to hit 1,000 points:

6 games: 17.0

7 games: 14.6 (1 win in either A10 or NCAA Tournament)

8 games: 12.8 (Reaching A10 Championship or or winning 2 NCAA games or winning 1 A10 and 1 NCAA game)

9 games: 11.4 (You get the idea.)

10 games: 10.2 (Rob's current season average; we'd need to win a total of 4 games between the A10 and NCAA tournaments.)

11 games: 9.3

12 games: 8.5

13 games: 7.9 (Dream scenario: This is the maxium amount of possible games remaining; we'd be in the National Championship game.)

Honestly, Rob gets kind of screwed by our guaranteed first-round bye for the A10 Tournament. He gets a maximum of 3 A10 Tournament games instead of 4. Nonetheless, if we win a few games in the two tournaments, he's got a decent shot of getting there.

Interestingly, Rob has basically identical averages in A10 play and the overall season. But keep in mind that he scored 21 points total in the first four A10 games. So if he continues to play like he has lately, we might not need 10 games to get him there.

Another milestone I was looking at: all-time wins. As a class, this is now the all-time winningest in SLU history, with 91. Ellis and Remekun had the previous record at 89, so this crew passed them last week. But Mitchell is the all-time winningest player, with 95 victories (most of this current class' losses came the year he sat out, so his number is a little inflated for that reason, or maybe this class is just deflated artificially).

Before I go digging through the individual stats for Loe, Evans, Jett, and McCall, does anyone know off the top of their heads the all-time win totals for these guys? They have a strong chance of passing Mitchell as a group - 6 more guaranteed chances, but a couple wins in Brooklyn should seal it - but I'm curious about individuals. I can't think of many missed games due to injuries or DNP - coach's decision.

A little more math on Loe's needed average to hit 1,000 points:

10 games: 10.2 (Rob's current season average; we'd need to win a total of 4 games between the A10 and NCAA tournaments.)

11 games: 9.3

No reason to think this isn't highly possible.,

Jett and Evans have played the same number of games over their careers. Loe missed one, playing 30 of 31 his freshman year. I think he was sick if I recall. McCall falls short his sophomore year where 34 games were played and he only played in 33. So Evans and Jett have played in 127 games, McCall and Loe 126. Jake's numbers are way off and not the same.

While it woiuld be nice for RL to reach 1000 club the odds are not with him.

They're not massively stacked against him, either. If we make an A10 tournament run, maybe win a game or two in the Dance - you never know.

Put another way, if he gets 8 more games and averages what he has in the last 8 games (12.9), he'll reach 1,000. All we need to do to get 8 more games is either make the A10 championship OR win two NCAA Tournament games OR win one game in each tournament.

I'll do an update after every game of total points and needed average to hit 1000.

Jett and Evans have played the same number of games over their careers. Loe missed one, playing 30 of 31 his freshman year. I think he was sick if I recall. McCall falls short his sophomore year where 34 games were played and he only played in 33. So Evans and Jett have played in 127 games, McCall and Loe 126. Jake's numbers are way off and not the same.

That's correct. Loe missed the 12/22/10 game vs. Northeastern and McCall missed the 12/27/11 game vs. Alabama State. Both were wins, so they're at 90 wins apiece for their careers, while Jett and Evans are at 91 wins apiece.

It'd sure be nice to see all four surpass Mitchell's 95.

It's also remarkable that all four have made it deep into their senior season missing a combined total of two games, and buy games at that.

They're not massively stacked against him, either. If we make an A10 tournament run, maybe win a game or two in the Dance - you never know.

Put another way, if he gets 8 more games and averages what he has in the last 8 games (12.9), he'll reach 1,000. All we need to do to get 8 more games is either make the A10 championship OR win two NCAA Tournament games OR win one game in each tournament.

I'll do an update after every game of total points and needed average to hit 1000.

I hope you are right and I hope RL scores in double figures for the rest of the year - but to say we will play 10-11 more games this year is a tall order - maybe not impossible but a steep hill to climb.

Here's another one ... If Jordair continues to average 5 assists through the noted/guaranteed six games, it will give him 422 for his career and bump him into third place all-time ahead of Kwamain by two, behind Charles Newberry by two for second. The all time assist record would be within reach --- Josh Fisher (436) --- if the number of those games expand and his number continue.

That's correct. Loe missed the 12/22/10 game vs. Northeastern and McCall missed the 12/27/11 game vs. Alabama State. Both were wins, so they're at 90 wins apiece for their careers, while Jett and Evans are at 91 wins apiece.

It'd sure be nice to see all four surpass Mitchell's 95.

It's also remarkable that all four have made it deep into their senior season missing a combined total of two games, and buy games at that.

I'm pretty sure that just because the players didn't play in those games doesn't mean they don't get credit for the wins. I believe all four Billiken four-year seniors are credited with 91 wins.

Loe had 12 last night. If he managed to hit even one open three, he'd have done himself and us a big favor.

He's at 910 points. Here's what he needs to average in our remaining games in order to get to 1000:

5 games: 18.0

6 games: 15.0

7 games: 12.9

8 games: 11.3

9 games: 10.0

10 games: 9.0

11 games: 8.2

12 games: 7.5

• 3 weeks later...