Attendance on Thursday

kshoe

Looking at Twitter it seems like the students again lined up early to get tickets for the game which is great news. Hopefully they'll be as loud as they were on Saturday.

Timmerman's article today said the game was sold out but when you go to TicketMaster website there are still a few hundred left.

http://www.stltoday.com/sports/college/slu/surging-billikens-focused-on-a/article_2ab56fc1-a9ab-54f1-a950-b44f69f2fe0a.html

I wonder if they'd just give away the extra unsold tickets to students that want to attend. At this point the $ value from selling the tickets isn't as important as being able to say its our third straight sellout, yada yada.

-it sure looks like there are more tickets available now for Duq than there were last week, I would like to understand how this happens

Fairly certain it's because the home team holds an allotment of tix for the visiting school and media, dignitaries, etc. A few days before the game, unclaimed tix from that allotment get released back to the public.

Fairly certain it's because the home team holds an allotment of tix for the visiting school and media, dignitaries, etc. A few days before the game, unclaimed tix from that allotment get released back to the public.

-that would mean the allotment for the visiting school, media and dignitaries is on the ends in the last 8 rows or in other places scattered about the arena, I am skeptical

Looking at Twitter it seems like the students again lined up early to get tickets for the game which is great news. Hopefully they'll be as loud as they were on Saturday.

Timmerman's article today said the game was sold out but when you go to TicketMaster website there are still a few hundred left.

http://www.stltoday.com/sports/college/slu/surging-billikens-focused-on-a/article_2ab56fc1-a9ab-54f1-a950-b44f69f2fe0a.html

I wonder if they'd just give away the extra unsold tickets to students that want to attend. At this point the $ value from selling the tickets isn't as important as being able to say its our third straight sellout, yada yada.

Pretty incredible to see SLU students lining up at 7 AM to get tickets for a game vs. Duquesne. We're a long way from bribing students to come to games w/ free pizza.

Was the atmosphere of the most recent games pretty strong?

The students have been top notch the last 2 games. Outside of some old hag telling me to sit down during player introductions, the atmosphere in the non-student crowd was good v. GW. Not as strong as the VCU game though.

My wife, at her first Billiken game ever, told the old hag that this was a D1 college bball game and not church. Wife also told her that she was going to have to get used to me standing up.

Very strong. I think a lot of it has to do with the dancing, get fired up songs we've been playing instead of the band. The band is awesome, but I think the students like the blaring techno songs instead of the trumpets

[crying]

But honestly, kind of annoyed with my generation that repetitive electronic tones than blaring trumpets and bones belting out terrific music. Alas

We're out of the dark ages, though. No longer will the Band be a major part of the experience. We'll be a pure supporting role going forward, as it should be. Pre-game, halftime, post-game, long timeouts: these are our domain now

I think the band is still a MAJOR part of the experience. It's just not the ONLY part.

+1 my favorite thing about coming to the game (music wise) is stiill the S-A-I-N-T L-O-U-I-S and when 10,000 people are yelling it it's awesome

Hmmm...I wondered what was up with the band vs. the music. Even my kids were wondering why the band wasn't playing as much. I guess I am torn on this one. I really like the band and love when they play their version of current music. The piped in music just sounds fake, but I get it. Have to appeal to the masses. I thought the GW game was great from a fan standpoint and the folks in my section were up and down all at the right times.

[crying]

But honestly, kind of annoyed with my generation that repetitive electronic tones than blaring trumpets and bones belting out terrific music. Alas

We're out of the dark ages, though. No longer will the Band be a major part of the experience. We'll be a pure supporting role going forward, as it should be. Pre-game, halftime, post-game, long timeouts: these are our domain now

In an exciting late-season game packed with students the music works. Next December when we are mercilessly beating down Chicago State and 80% of the student are gone on break it will be annoying and awful. There should be plenty of game still where the band should 100% of the airtime.

There was one point where the band started playing the song (Kernkraft 400, I believe) that was being piped in. It was awesome.

I actually kind of like the chaos of the band and the DJ playing over each other.

I was admittedly annoyed during the George Mason game because there were several moments of poor execution of the piped in music, but it's been better the last 2 games.

As for Thursday attendance, there's ~600 tickets available on TM.com. Down over 100 since 36 hours ago, but several sections have more available than they did yesterday - so who knows. The students filling up their allotment will help. Cracking 10k would be a massive achievement for a weeknight game vs Duquesne. I'd expect something more like 9500-9800.

[crying]

We're out of the dark ages, though. No longer will the Band be a major part of the experience. We'll be a pure supporting role going forward, as it should be. Pre-

game, halftime, post-game, long timeouts: these are our domain now

Not exactly sure what you are saying in your first sentence, but when I am at the games with my 15 year old daughter, 25 year old niece, and 32 year old son, the odd thing is that I like the music the most. We all like the music and the band, but I really like the music the for what it does to the energy and the crowd. Point is, I don't think it is generational (well, maybe for the 50+ crowd it is).

Not exactly sure what you are saying in your first sentence, but when I am at the games with my 15 year old daughter, 25 year old niece, and 32 year old son, the odd thing is that I like the music the most. We all like the music and the band, but I really like the music the for what it does to the energy and the crowd. Point is, I don't think it is generational (well, maybe for the 50+ crowd it is).

More music less band....everyone agrees. Keep the trumpets at home.