P-D coverage of game!

bauman

For all the complaining we do abourt the PD's poor coverage of the Bills, I have to hand it to them today. On a day when I was sure our best win of the season would be relegated to secondary coverage due to the feat of TJO in Socci, I was shocked to see us as the top article(s) in the sports section. Lots of ink from two writers with a very positive angle, esp from Joe Strauss. By the way, if I was a VCU fan I would be as upset about the pro-SLU bias coming from BK as we were from Legler last week against Lasalle. Bobby talked throughout the game as a SLU backer even falling into the "we" area 2-3 times. It was nice to finally get an announcer with a SLU bias, but can't ESPN find enough really good play by play and color commentors to do their games?

I feel kind of sorry for the PD. Especially Miklasz. It really must pain him to see SLU doing so well and his 84th Cardinals article of 2014 gets pushed down on the front page. I think you have to feel bad for Strauss too. His team lost to SLU again yesterday.

I very much appreciate Strauss giving SLU attention, but I was actually a little disappointed in his column. Didn't really learn much (and many tid bits seemed to be lifted from the twitterverse). However, the casual fan is not scouring twitter, and in any case, it would be a little hard to write a glowing article after yesterday's game. It was not a very pretty win.

With ESPN providing more coverage than the Post, they were left with little choice.

At first I thought perhaps their silence was result of being beaten to the story taking place in their own backyard by the out-of-town press. But now too big to ignore. (...or they were goaded into it by McGonigle and Lampkin! <_< )

Glad they're aboard.

The PD has been doing a good job as of late - another nice article today about RM's prediction of us being a Top 10 coming true.

We definitely have that 6 degrees of separation thing going for us; RMs prediction, Harriman helping UN beat MSU which we leapfrogged, MSU being RMs last game, RMs nominating JC to be interim, Bobby announcing the critical game that allows us his protege to crack the top 10. Talk about your divine intervention.