GDT VS Gimmick

UpperdeckKid

Good Game.

I dread our future games in Virginia. You and Mason.

This is a two team A10 sweet 16 year. Love a tough game. We almost pulled that out of our arses playing your game at your house. Someone noted that the FT shooting against us went down the toilet late. That's not an unusual thing when playing on rubber legs.

The A10 is loaded!!!!! A split and then the A10 champ game. Should be awesome. Good luck to you guys the rest of the way, except for at the Stu. The better you get, the better it is for us.

• Replies 817
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If we could made some free throws (at least made our team average) and not had some the dumb TOs, not the one's called by HAVOC, we could won this by 15.

FT's are not easy after playing VCU for 35 minutes. You guys did good. Who's the big monster that took that dumb 3 that went at the end? I wanna shake his hand! :)

I know if you guys are telling me the truth that when he went up to shoot it, you were saying NOOOOOOOOOOOO! Until it hit. And no, you guys won't beat us by 15 ever. Best play on our side in the game was our Bri at 6 2 rejecting your 6 10 dude. I had a good laugh for a minute.

And, the Gimmick forced you guys into 2x your avg turnovers. Is it still a Gimmick? Wish we'd have tried a few more 3's. Seemed like we went into your D strength all day. That never results in a good ending, but a 2 point loss is no shame on your floor. Kudos to you Billikens.

FT's are not easy after playing VCU for 35 minutes. You guys did good. Who's the big monster that took that dumb 3 that went at the end? I wanna shake his hand! :)

Hey dippy, watch some games before you make stupid comments. Loe is our most clutch three point shooter; his percentage this year is skewed down by some troubles early in the season. If I need someone to take a three to win the game, it's Rob Loe. Ask George Mason.

What did Jett say to the VCU bench at the end? Gimmick fans are all fired up about it.

Also, newsflash, they will destroy SLU at home and in Brooklyn. Thanks for the heads up Gimmick people.

I think it's pretty common knowledge that pressing teams cause fatigue at the end of games. That causes worse jump shooting percentages/worse free throw percentages. I imagine SLU will lose in Richmond, then setting up a great A10 title game. SLU could won by double digits if they hit more FTs, VCU could've won by 5, had we hit better than 12% from 3.

SLU made VCU play their game, and won by 2. Kudos to you guys, enjoy the rest of the season.

I know if you guys are telling me the truth that when he went up to shoot it, you were saying NOOOOOOOOOOOO! Until it hit.

About half of Rob Loe's attempts come from behind the arc and he was wide open. You may have noticed that was his 5th attempt of the game.

Bobby Knight is going to have a few choice words for JC postgame that starts off with"What were you thinking?"

JB played a good game. Steady with the ball and made some key rebounds.

JJ is a match-up nightmare for anyone.

Overall the team played great but were running on fumes at the end.

I don't understand the TO on JJs FT. But we won, so not a talking point.

Quality control issue. That one did not make sense.

Perhaps Crews thought the team was gassed, which it was, and if Jett misses the 2nd FT, you can't call the timeout. But in my opinion, you cannot call that timeout and ice your own shooter in that situation, especially a 65% FT shooter, who has proven he can shoot them when in rhythm and had just hit the 1st FT.

For most of this game, SLU was forced to play only 6 players.

I think it's pretty common knowledge that pressing teams cause fatigue at the end of games. That causes worse jump shooting percentages/worse free throw percentages. I imagine SLU will lose in Richmond, then setting up a great A10 title game. SLU could won by double digits if they hit more FTs, VCU could've won by 5, had we hit better than 12% from 3.

SLU made VCU play their game, and won by 2. Kudos to you guys, enjoy the rest of the season.

The point about pressing having an impact on ft shooting has some validity, but we were missing free throws early in the game.

I thought the week off was going to help us in this game. It didn't. We were not sharp. We didn't look like the team with five senior at any point.

Quality control issue. That one did not make sense.

Perhaps Crews thought the team was gassed, which it was, and if Jett misses the 2nd FT, you can't call the timeout. But in my opinion, you cannot call that timeout and ice your own shooter in that situation, especially a 65% FT shooter, who has proven he can shoot them when in rhythm and had just hit the 1st FT.

For most of this game, SLU was forced to play only 6 players.

I missed the game - daughter having a baby - anyway why did we have to play only 6 players - foul trouble?

I know if you guys are telling me the truth that when he went up to shoot it, you were saying NOOOOOOOOOOOO! Until it hit. And no, you guys won't beat us by 15 ever. Best play on our side in the game was our Bri at 6 2 rejecting your 6 10 dude. I had a good laugh for a minute.

And, the Gimmick forced you guys into 2x your avg turnovers. Is it still a Gimmick? Wish we'd have tried a few more 3's. Seemed like we went into your D strength all day. That never results in a good ending, but a 2 point loss is no shame on your floor. Kudos to you Billikens.

SLU was ahead of VCWho by 26 points last season in Game 1 at Chaifetz Arena when Crews called off the dogs and Smart kept working the refs. SLU won by 14.

Smart should put on a black VC road uniform and your 6th man on the court himself. He spends enough time on the court during live play. The guy is quite a piece of work, and on the Safari, he gets away with it, evidently because he is one of the coaches de jure.

SLU clearly is the better team. Teamwork beats streetball, all things being equal.

SLU won today without playing anywhere near its best game. And SLU is a better FT shooting team, Gimmick or not.

Rob Loe is a clutch 3 point shooter, hit 3 straight in huge situations against Mason. There were 5 seconds left on the shot clock. Coach Knight was wrong re Loe shooting that 3. Knight is old school, but was he thinking about that shot clock in that situation?

Hey dippy, watch some games before you make stupid comments. Loe is our most clutch three point shooter; his percentage this year is skewed down by some troubles early in the season. If I need someone to take a three to win the game, it's Rob Loe. Ask George Mason.

WTF? What kind of board allows name calling from 8 year olds from a poster that is being friendly. You'd be banned pretty quickly from RamNation for the name calling. I like both our teams. It's a great thing to have 2 teams that can get 3-6 seeds in the big dance. GFYS.

WTF? What kind of board allows name calling from 8 year olds from a poster that is being friendly. You'd be banned pretty quickly from RamNation for the name calling. I like both our teams. It's a great thing to have 2 teams that can get 3-6 seeds in the big dance. GFYS.

I don't go on other boards and troll. Never felt the need.

For saying dippy? I don't even know what dippy means.

Hey @SluSignGuy...why do you allow your boardmembers to post name-calling BS. I like your board for the most part and would like to hang around, but being called "dippy" isn't something I'd ever wanna come back to. Good win. I'm out....until we crush you guys like a bug. Then I'll be back. Best to you all. Very enjoyable game today. This is what its all about!!!

You guys know I'm not trolling. I like to talk to the opponents and will always give credit where it is due. Just stop the name-calling. There are folks that actually read this stuff that don't post that you are showing your arses to.

Hey @SluSignGuy...why do you allow your boardmembers to post name-calling BS. I like your board for the most part and would like to hang around, but being called "dippy" isn't something I'd ever wanna come back to. Good win. I'm out....until we crush you guys like a bug. Then I'll be back. Best to you all. Very enjoyable game today. This is what its all about!!!

how bout we just call all your players by their real names. then we can talk about whether name-calling is fair or not...

our guys’ names:

austin

dwayne

grandy

jake

joey

john

jordair

mike

mike

reggie

rob

tanner

youse guys’ names:

antravious

briante

doug

emerson

jairus

jarred

jequan

jordan

juvonte

melvin

mo

rob

terrance

torey

treveon

our guys are american as fuok. your guys have misspelled, made-up ass names. there's some more name calling for you.

SLU was ahead of VCWho by 26 points last season in Game 1 at Chaifetz Arena when Crews called off the dogs and Smart kept working the refs. SLU won by 14.

Smart should put on a black VC road uniform and your 6th man on the court himself. He spends enough time on the court during live play. The guy is quite a piece of work, and on the Safari, he gets away with it, evidently because he is one of the coaches de jure.

SLU clearly is the better team. Teamwork beats streetball, all things being equal.

SLU won today without playing anywhere near its best game. And SLU is a better FT shooting team, Gimmick or not.

Rob Loe is a clutch 3 point shooter, hit 3 straight in huge situations against Mason. There were 5 seconds left on the shot clock. Coach Knight was wrong re Loe shooting that 3. Knight is old school, but was he thinking about that shot clock in that situation?

Yes SLU clearly is the better team, given they won today. VCU didn't play their best game, I give credit to the SLU defense. SLU didn't play it's best game, credit that to VCU. With one week's rest, I was curious to see if SLU would beat us badly, they didn't. One week rests, and senior-laden teams usually do us in. If you find VCU fans optimistic, it's because most of us pencilled this in as a loss before the season. We performed better than I imagined.

Here's to SLU and VCU both making Sweet Sixteen runs, and joining the Big East. A rising tide lifts all ships.

Rob is a decent shooter, but you can't take that shot with that much time on the shot clock when you have a 2 possessioin game. It went in, so all is good. Coach couldn't have been happy about him taking that shot in that situation. That's how we got our win against LaSalle.

how bout we just call all your players by their real names. then we can talk about whether name-calling is fair or not...

our guys’ names:

austin

dwayne

grandy

jake

joey

john

jordair

mike

mike

reggie

rob

tanner

youse guys’ names:

antravious

briante

doug

emerson

jairus

jarred

jequan

jordan

juvonte

melvin

mo

rob

terrance

torey

treveon

our guys are american as fuok. your guys have misspelled, made-up ass names. there's some more name calling for you.

HUH??? I thought we were from the South. Starting to go with the race thing now?

our guys’ names:

austin

dwayne

grandy

jake

joey

john

jordair

mike

mike

reggie

rob

tanner

their guys’ names:

jequan

briante

terrance

doug

rob

mo

torey

juvonte

jordan

treveon

jarred

antravious

melvin

emerson

jairus

Coming from the fan who's team has the only non-American player. A good player at that, but that's a weak argument.

Jordair isn't "American as fuok" I'm pretty sure any team in America would take him though....