50 Students to NYC for A10s - All expenses paid

b.hayes

Wow. Pretty frickin cool! Jealous.

Where's this money coming from. Part of the "extra money" from the national tourney appearances?

I'd guess not having to pay for new statues or golf carts and the annual trip to the Far East has allowed some extra $.

This seems like a great deal, and a very expensive deal. I suspect the tickets were free from the A-10 but simply footing the bill for room and travel is not cheap. Anyone know if they are travelling by bus or plane?

I would be shocked if they were flying 50 students out there. Imagine they'll be taking a 57-seat Cavallo bus. How much would that run to NY and back? $2,500-$4,000? Even if it was $4,000 which sounds high to me, that's $70 a person round trip. No way they're getting airfare better than that, and it seems easier to coordinate.

Cool that they are being chosen based on video presentations instead of random drawing.

I think they said they're taking a bus. It is good that they let the band fly commercial for this. We wouldn't have even made it to San Jose if we were stuck on a bus last year.

Cool that they are being chosen based on video presentations instead of random drawing.

I think they said they're taking a bus. It is good that they let the band fly commercial for this. We wouldn't have even made it to San Jose if we were stuck on a bus last year.

I agree about the video, this means that only the most enthusiastic students will be selected to go. We will need all the help we can get there, considering that we were surrounded by VCU fans last year and spike lee was rooting against us

This was pretty upsetting to learn after seeing the promotion during the game.

Not that I could go anyways, but it was disappointing to learn that grad students, etc are ineligible. Any student that paid the fee should be allowed to enter (so undergrads and some grad students who opted in).

I agree about the video, this means that only the most enthusiastic students will be selected to go. We will need all the help we can get there, considering that we were surrounded by VCU fans last year and spike lee was rooting against us

How will they be able to find 50 enthusiastic undergrads? 50 that can make hats out of balloons, sure, but enthusiastic? Good luck.