Bills by 11 over Duq

The Wiz

sar·casm (särprime.gifkabreve.gifzlprime.gifschwa.gifm)

n.
1. A cutting, often ironic remark intended to wound.
2. A form of wit that is marked by the use of sarcastic language and is intended to make its victim the butt of contempt or ridicule.
3. The use of sarcasm. See Synonyms at wit1.

There are way too many sarcastic a-holes in this board. It is annoying.

I posted the same thing as 05 1 minute after him (actually mine included more information) because his post wasn't up yet when I clicked reply and then there are 6 "sarcastic" posts following. One or two may be funny, after that it is lame and annoying as hell.

I wish more posters would actually think about their posts a little bit before clicking the post button. It is difficult to shift through the garbage of a bunch of people trying to be funny to find the real information and thoughtful posts.

There are way too many sarcastic a-holes in this board. It is annoying.

I posted the same thing as 05 1 minute after him (actually mine included more information) because his post wasn't up yet when I clicked reply and then there are 6 "sarcastic" posts following. One or two may be funny, after that it is lame and annoying as hell.

I wish more posters would actually think about their posts a little bit before clicking the post button. It is difficult to shift through the garbage of a bunch of people trying to be funny to find the real information and thoughtful posts.

A-holes? I, along with many others, know 05 so I doubt he takes it personal and thinks we are a-holes. The real information was in your post and 05s post. What was there to 'shift' through? Let's be sure the moderators limit the number of sarcastic posts to 3 per thread.

What a great (& nerve racking) win.

18-2 ...tied for the 2nd best start in Bills history

From a stats point of view, this was a bizarre game....a mirror game...with matching stats.....

FG%....50%.....both teams

FT %....67%....both teams

3pt%.....53%....both teams

fouls.....18 SLU...19 Duq

reb........25 SLU....29 Duq

assts.....20 SLU....17 Duq

steals.....5 SLU.......2 Duq

blocks....2 SLU.......5 Duq

Doesn't get much close than that.

So what's the difference between an A team and a C- team when the stats match? An A team finds a way to win.....The mark of a championship team.

Is 19-2 the best start in SLU history? So if we win these next two home games, that's the record?

Through 20 games 93-94 squad was 19-1.

Through 21 games 93-94 & 47-48 19-2.

Through 22 games 93-94 & 47-48 19-3

93-94 went to 22-3 47-48 finished the season 24-3.

Our 5-0 start to conference play is now the 5th best start. 55-56 started 6-0, 58-59 started 7-0, 51-52 started 8-0, and 46-47 started 11-0.

So I guess "best start" always has the caveat "through X number of games."

If we win the next two, our 20-2 start will be the best 22-game start in SLU history. What about winning streak? 14, right? I think we're coming up on that one again soon. At 12 right now (including Rockhurst).

Answering my own question: the record is 14. We can tie if we win the Richmond and GMU games at home, and break it with a win at St. Joe's. Lot of good stuff in here today: http://www.slubillikens.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=27200&ATCLID=209384124

This should be the winningest class in SLU history (despite their freshman season). They have 84; the record is 89 (Ellis and Remekun). The winningest player ever is Mitchell, with 95. That's a tougher one to reach, but not out of the question if they go deep into the A10 Tournament and play multiple games in the NCAA Tournament. Tough, but not impossible.

Answering my own question: the record is 14. We can tie if we win the Richmond and GMU games at home, and break it with a win at St. Joe's. Lot of good stuff in here today: http://www.slubillikens.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=27200&ATCLID=209384124

This should be the winningest class in SLU history (despite their freshman season). They have 84; the record is 89 (Ellis and Remekun). The winningest player ever is Mitchell, with 95. That's a tougher one to reach, but not out of the question if they go deep into the A10 Tournament and play multiple games in the NCAA Tournament. Tough, but not impossible.

Yes sir! we are heading into new records, provided we win the next 4 games.

What do you mean if they go deep in the post-season? They'll have 86 wins after we win out the regular season

Evan's rebound record 9th in country D1 they must be speaking "active players" although doesn't say that.