What is going on with Cameron Biedscheid?

brianstl

I would think we would hear a decision soon after finals are over. I did find it rather interesting that Mizzou had a scholarship magically open up. If he decides to transfer lets hope SLU can get him

I read Tigerboard every once in a while and they were all excited about the prospect of him a few days ago. It seemed to be all speculation based on one poster saying they might get a mid-season transfer so who knows if there's anything to it.

This might lead to some complications, Notre Dame's leading scorer Jerian Grant was suspended for the rest of the season for an academic violation

http://www.und.com/sports/m-baskbl/spec-rel/122213aad.html

While its an interesting story and pretty much destroys whatever hopes ND had to turn their season around, I don't see how it affect will affect whether CB wants to transfer in the next week or so.

As an aside, Grant is a senior but in that statement he says he plans to return to ND to finish out his college basketball career? How is that possible if this is his final year of eligibility?

While its an interesting story and pretty much destroys whatever hopes ND had to turn their season around, I don't see how it affect will affect whether CB wants to transfer in the next week or so.

As an aside, Grant is a senior but in that statement he says he plans to return to ND to finish out his college basketball career? How is that possible if this is his final year of eligibility?

Wondering about that, myself, I looked at the roster. He didn't play his freshman year.

Notre Dame calls their players by their academic years, not their year in athletic eligibility. It is my understanding that if an athlete redshirts, they must graduate in 4 years to be able to use that 5th year. Thus, if Grant is a senior and is having academic issues, he isn't likely to graduate in 4 years, which would end his ND career.

In full disclosure, my understanding of this is based on me being a Notre Dame football fan. I'm not sure if it is any different with the basketball program,

Final sentence of the article:

Initial reports indicate Biedscheid will first consider St. Louis or Missouri among transfer opportunities.

Going to be hard to compete with the 10k handshakes but I like our chances (no inside info).

Interestingly, the other article states that he has no schools in mind.

Probably written by the same people that thought he might lift his redshirt because of the suspension of Grant.

He wants to go local...

Let's hope he looks at the recent track record of St. Louis locals at both SLU and Mizzou:

I could be wrong about some of these:

SLU:

Femi John - suffers unfortunate knee injury, but stays on scholarship and becomes student assistant coach, widely loved by fans

Paul Eckerle - walk-on earns a scholarship and then goes on to become a doctor, widely loved by fans

Kevin Lisch & Tommie Liddell - 4 year starters, two of the top scorers in Billiken history, widely loved by fans

Mizzou:

Kalen Grimes - kicked out after multiple run-ins with the law

Jimmy McKinney - had a nice 4 year career that included NCAA appearances, but is viewed as a disappointment by fans.

I'm probably missing a few. It seems that despite not contributing to NCAA teams, the SLU players fared much better than the Mizzou players.

That was a long time coming...Cameron's family wants him at SLU.

I hope you are right. Mizzou's entry into the discussion is fairly new but they can't be discounted with their history as Transfer U.

Cam really would be a perfect fit for this team looking forward a couple years. We have all of our PFs (TL and RA) our centers (AG, BJ) and plenty of guards. What we don't have is a kick as small forward and that is what he is.