UD is 25

slu72

On the other end of the spectrum, is La Salle really going to be this bad? I haven't gotten to watch any of their games yet, but the teams they've been losing to aren't exactly world-beaters.

They miss Galloway more than we miss KM and CE. Tyreek Duren hurt too now.

That SUCKS!!! We needed them to win for our conference RPI and for ours...when we beat them...twice.

Bad day for the a-10 as only UMass had a nice win over byu. Richmond had a double digit lead late and lost to wake forest. Fordham and st joes got blown out by big east teams and st bonaventure blew a late lead to buffalo. Disapointing.

Also, bowling green blew a late lead at Xavier and lost in OT.

Also, bowling green blew a late lead at Xavier and lost in OT.

Crap! I was watching that one up to OT. Was really hoping BG was going to win. Ugh! Bad weekend other than the Bills win. I was thinking about driving to the game today, but got smashed into last night, totaled my car, and my neck/back are killing me. Now I know what that guy from Washington felt like when Conklin flattened him!

With it's loss to ISU ( C+ ) Dayton has fallen back to B+ from A-. I pointed out earlier in this thread that I didn't think they were good enough to be a ranked team at this time. I think it was a matter of a few voters getting carried away. Even playing away from home they should not have lost this game. It definitely damaged their numbers. It is a shame because it would have been nice to play another ranked team. The reality is even if they had beaten ISU last night chances are they wouldn't have made it to our game in Jan. still ranked. If they can put a mini streak together they can get back to A- (and a potential tourney team) by the time we see them....but they will be unranked. The game in Jan will be more difficult than the Valpo game last night. Right now, I have them even with us for the Jan 11 game.

Wiz --- you have developed tons of cred on here with your rankings and spreads. But there is no way in hell this Billiken team is #27 in nation. No F way!

There are still OOC pitfalls lurking ---- Indiana State and @ Vandy are obvious. Plus, where is that one stinker against a terrible buy opponent that the whole team takes off for? It's out there.

We got quite a few problems right now.

With it's loss to ISU ( C+ ) Dayton has fallen back to B+ from A-. I pointed out earlier in this thread that I didn't think they were good enough to be a ranked team at this time. I think it was a matter of a few voters getting carried away. Even playing away from home they should not have lost this game. It definitely damaged their numbers. It is a shame because it would have been nice to play another ranked team. The reality is even if they had beaten ISU last night chances are they wouldn't have made it to our game in Jan. still ranked. If they can put a mini streak together they can get back to A- (and a potential tourney team) by the time we see them....but they will be unranked. The game in Jan will be more difficult than the Valpo game last night. Right now, I have them even with us for the Jan 11 game.

I am sure this is a mathematical thing but - how can Dayton be an A- team and we are an A team and you have us listed even?

Wiz --- you have developed tons of cred on here with your rankings and spreads. But there is no way in hell this Billiken team is #27 in nation. No F way!

There are still OOC pitfalls lurking ---- Indiana State and @ Vandy are obvious. Plus, where is that one stinker against a terrible buy opponent that the whole team takes off for? It's out there.

We got quite a few problems right now.

Ah....you have to have faith.

There may be stinkers and pitfalls ahead but they haven't reared their heads yet. All I have so far is 2 close losses to A+ teams and the rest wins. A couple of years ago when we first made our rise I had us as a top 20 team....many said that was crazy talk but eventually the rest caught up with me. I don't think the gap is very big this time. A few wins and eveyone will jump on the bandwagon again.

For the naysayers out there you may want to stop reading at this point.........

We are good....we are a tourney team....that may change going forward but right now ....

We are good.

I am sure this is a mathematical thing but - how can Dayton be an A- team and we are an A team and you have us listed even?

If you read my most recent post, I actually downgraded Dayton to B+....In this particular case and at this time ....the homefield advantage is enough to even things up....that will change in a month but right now if we play in Dayton....it is even

Ah....you have to have faith.

There may be stinkers and pitfalls ahead but they haven't reared their heads yet. All I have so far is 2 close losses to A+ teams and the rest wins. A couple of years ago when we first made our rise I had us as a top 20 team....many said that was crazy talk but eventually the rest caught up with me. I don't think the gap is very big this time. A few wins and eveyone will jump on the bandwagon again.

For the naysayers out there you may want to stop reading at this point.........

We are good....we are a tourney team....that may change going forward but right now ....

We are good.

At this point I would not consider us a top 25 type team regardless of the numbers, but we can definitely get there and are only a month into the season. I don't recall playing a game where I walked away really pleased with how we played (1st quarter of the WSU game was the best stretch I remember). Fortunately style points don't mean a thing and getting wins is all that matters. We have let some average to below average teams challenge us with our inability to rebound and consistently make shots. I will say that we have done what we have needed to do based purely on results (surprised to see the margins we have won by), but that doesn't match what has happened in the games. A couple of our cupcake games we ended up winning big, but we had our starters in until the final minutes and were not the blowouts the score may indicate. So far we have avoided a bad loss as we continue to figure things out and that is encouraging and really all that matters. Probably fortunate we have not played more top 50 type teams. I do think we have the ability to get to a similar level as last season, but we are not there. Our record is basically where I wanted to be at this point (was hoping to split the UW/WSU games and we were real close to taking down the Shockers), so I will take that and hope to see us start to gel with some soft opponents and increased practice time over the winter break. Long way of saying I am pleased with where we are from a results standpoint which is most important, but haven't been playing as well as I had expected to this point given our upperclassmen loaded roster.