Post Dispatch Article

kshoe

Good article. I'll take it as a sign that kids (Agbeko) should be put out there to play (as these four seniors were when freshmen)and learn and not redshirt as discussed in a different thread.

Good stuff in all three. Of note:

Conklin summer for Grandy? Not expecting Conklin's senior year production, but still.

"Guard Austin McBroom dislocated his left ring finger in the Fontbonne exhibition, but he was back at practice the next day. He didn’t take part in SLU’s closed-door scrimmage with Northwestern on Saturday, but he’s expected to be ready to play in the season opener Friday against Southeast Missouri State."

"Forward Dwayne Evans had offseason surgery to repair a deviated septum he got when he took an elbow to the nose while playing for Athletes in Action in a summer tour of the Ivory Coast. The injury happened in the first game there, and he didn’t get it fixed till he got home. “I didn’t really think about it,” he said. “I could only breathe out of one nostril, so I thought I should get it checked out.”"

Jett played through a lot of pain after that fall bruised his tailbone in the LaSalle game.

Every single guy sure has a knack for saying the right thing. I like these dudes.

Love that the slu article was on the front page and took more space than the articles on the cardinals and the blues... Bout dern time! #riseofthebillikens

So excited for Friday. Really can't go... But I'm gonna! :)

I've had both Conklin summers and Obi summers, albeit on a non-athlete scale. And now I have a wife to point out which one I'm going through.

Grandy is an impressive kid. I wish every college athlete had his attitude. I find his positivity absolutely infectious. He takes nothing for granted. His life wasn't easy before SLU and he doesn't take the easy road at SLU, knowing that the reward is sweeter if he works harder.

He's one of the guys I'm most excited about watching this season. The game at Butler last season - which someone linked a video to here recently - saw him with the ball in the open court a few times, and standing in the SLU section I could feel everyone around me holding their breath. He just wasn't a guy I felt comfortable with doing anything but making space underneath, grabbing offensive rebounds and putting it back in, and bringing a shot of energy into the game. If he's built his game out to do other things and become more fluid, he could be a problem for other A10 forwards this year on both ends. If he's really conditioned and practiced like reported, I'm calling it now- we're going to see more than one double-double from the Grandy Man this season.

These two lines gave me a nice warm and fuzzy feeling:

"Consider that in two seasons at SLU, Grandy Glaze and John Manning have gone 54-15. The class of 2014 lost more games in its freshman season than the current juniors have in their SLU careers."

While I hope this group and the last two graduating classes are not the most successful SLU will ever have, I can't imagine liking a group of kids more and enjoying watching a group of kids more than the kids we've watched these past three seasons. I love that they all seem to be good kids and that they're student athletes in the truest meaning of the words. My favorite part of a home game, other than winning, is when our team is announced and all or nearly all of them are majoring in "Business and Administration."

dwayne, grandy and reggie are going to be dropping fuc.king loads all season. rebounding like woah. no team in the country has the pound for pound round mound of rebounding we have. and if they do, i don't give a sh.it, because i don't have time to research it.

HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE