Men's & Women's Soccer & Volleyball Groupon

RUBillsFan

http://www.groupon.com/deals/gl-saint-louis-university-billikens-3?utm_campaign=grouponstl&utm_medium=Social&utm_source=twitter

Spectator sports are marked by traditions, like dumping Gatorade on the winning coach and setting the losing coach's Honda on fire. Feel the heat of competition with this Groupon.

The Deal
  • $5 for one ticket to a Saint Louis Billikens game in men's soccer, women's soccer, or women's volleyball (a $12.80 value)
  • Where: Robert R. Hermann Stadium (Soccer) or Chaifetz Pavilion (Volleyball)
  • Seating: General admission
  • Doors: 90 minutes before game time
  • Ticket values include all fees
  • Note: SLU students receive free admission to all regular-season games

Games and Dates

• Men's soccer against the Central Arkansas Sugar Bears on Saturday, September 28, at 7:30 p.m.
  • Men's soccer against the Creighton Bluejays on Wednesday, October 2, at 7 p.m.
  • Women's soccer against the Duquesne Dukes on Friday, October 11, at 5 p.m.
  • Women's volleyball against the La Salle Explorers on Friday, October 25, at 7 p.m.

The Scouting Report

Heralded by the start of classes and new crisp autumn air to fill athletes' lungs, the Billikens fall sports slate is now hitting its stride. Soccer players command the pitch at Robert R. Hermann Stadium, dribbling and sprinting as they try in vain to fit the ball between the net's tiny holes. In the first five games of the season, the men's team has posted a 4–1 record and vaulted into the top ten in the NCAA rankings. The women opened the regular season with a win over Western Michigan, and will look to carry that momentum as the season progresses.

Inside Chaifetz Pavilion, meanwhile, the women's volleyball team starts the season in pursuit of the young program's fourth NCAA tournament appearance. Early in the season, sophomore middle blocker Megan Gilbert has emerged as a leader, earning Atlantic-10 Volleyball Defensive Player of the Week honors on September 16.

Saint Louis Billikens

The city of Saint Louis may be known as the Gateway to the West, but for many of the nation's premier soccer players, it’s the final destination. That's because, with 10 NCAA Division I championships to their name, the Saint Louis Billikens have built a soccer tradition more lasting than a pair of cleats left to dry in wet cement. While men's soccer may be the Billikens' flagship program, they are a formidable force across a variety of sports, including men's basketball, a program that has made it to the NCAA Tournament seven times.

The Fine Print

Not to be all preachy, and I know that the purpose of this site is to have fun and promote the Billikens, but I'm the father of a 7 year old little girl. If in 12 years, somebody did what you just did to a picture of her and her friends, or a picture of her on a sports team, I'd be trying to find your address right now. I'm well prepared for all of the buzzkill comments I will probably receive by writing this, but let's have some minimum standards on this site which include not ranking a group of 18 to 22 year old girls.

As I recall, similar activity on postings has ended up as national Yahoo articles in the past. I don't think Billkens.com wants that sort of publicity.

I have two daughters, 15 and 18, and I'm not really offended at all. The fact that you have daughters does not wipe your slate clean as far as your history of doing the same thing that these guys have done. Additionally, it would be completely naive to believe that nobody is making similar comments about your girls just because you're their Dad. Men, and women for that matter, are sexual beings, and Cowboy and Jimbo (especially Jimbo!) were pretty tame in their comments. Let he who has never in their life objectified women cast the first stone.

I have two daughters, 15 and 18, and I'm not really offended at all. The fact that you have daughters does not wipe your slate clean as far as your history of doing the same thing that these guys have done. Additionally, it would be completely naive to believe that nobody is making similar comments about your girls just because you're their Dad. Men, and women for that matter, are sexual beings, and Cowboy and Jimbo (especially Jimbo!) were pretty tame in their comments. Let he who has never in their life objectified women cast the first stone.

That would be me. Jimbo you and me Salinas, KS PAYSTUBS!