Evans in Cote d'Ivoire

2013%20Ivory%20Coast%20Roster%208.7.13.j

Roster from the blog. Of note, Pierria Henry from Charlotte is on the team as well and Clark Kellogg is the "Life Coach" whatever that is (Nick Kellogg, Clark's son who plays for Ohio is also on the team).

Also of note, Evans listed at 201cm or 6'7".

Also of note, Evans listed at 201cm or 6'7".

was about to say... if he ends up being a true 6'7" 230-235 lbs with his rebounding and inside scoring, and is able to develop an outside shot and a bit more athleticism, maybe he's able to sneak into DAT LEAGUE as a very poor man's kenneth faried.

Maybe Clark Kellogg can also teach him a few more tricks -- he had some fancy footwork and was really a great college hoops star. Great wingspan and an expert at using his body -- like a kid named Evans.

Clark's a good guy and a very approachable, funny, decent, & cool dude, btw....

Via Brian Kunderman

@BKunderman: Jake Barnett's AIA squad wins 101-41 in Jamaica last night. Just missed double-double with 17 points and 9 boards. Also had 5 steals.

Jamaica%20Game%20Table%20b.png

This must have been what "JB-hit-the-3" was like at Toledo. Notice that he attempted more field goals than anyone else on the team. He went 7 of 12 (3 of 8 from 3). I think he'll have a breakout year for the Bills this year. I wouldn't be surprised by nearly 10 ppg. He'll probably get some time at the 2, because Dwayne will get the bulk of the minutes at the 3.

[Note to Roy: I hope you're still reading this; I wasn't intending to turn you off by using initials (remember, I'm in "your" "camp"), but I was just quoting how Jake introduced himself in the roster video.]

This must have been what "JB-hit-the-3" was like at Toledo. Notice that he attempted more field goals than anyone else on the team. He went 7 of 12 (3 of 8 from 3). I think he'll have a breakout year for the Bills this year. I wouldn't be surprised by nearly 10 ppg. He'll probably get some time at the 2, because Dwayne will get the bulk of the minutes at the 3.

[Note to Roy: I hope you're still reading this; I wasn't intending to turn you off by using initials (remember, I'm in "your" "camp"), but I was just quoting how Jake introduced himself in the roster video.]

oh, lookit. bobby capobianco's FAT SH.IT ASS showed up to play. he turns 23 in 2 months and is only a junior at valpo. what a FAT SH.IT ASS.

08_15_bobby_capobianco.jpg

You always hear the talking heads say that "shooters have to shoot" meaning that guys who shoot the 3 ball have to take a lot of shots to find their rhythm. This was one of the reasons many of us didn't have a problem with Ellis continuing to chuck up shot after shot. Perhaps this is the case with Barnett. I think Cody being gone opens it up for Barnett to take more perimeter shots and perhaps Loe as well, which will hopefully lead to more success for both.

Look guys, as some on this board seem to believe, players don't improve, so anyone that thinks JB or JM or anyone else that didn't light it up last year will be better this coming year is just an optimistic fool.

Look guys, as some on this board seem to believe, players don't improve, so anyone that thinks JB or JM or anyone else that didn't light it up last year will be better this coming year is just an optimistic fool.

Why else do you think my tag is "Absurd Bills fan"?

(Actually, I changed to that name when several posters said I was absurd when I didn't find Rob Loe's performance in the Nike Hoop Summit three years ago to be particularly impressive.)

Why else do you think my tag is "Absurd Bills fan"?

(Actually, I changed to that name when several posters said I was absurd when I didn't find Rob Loe's performance in the Nike Hoop Summit three years ago to be particularly impressive.)

To reminisce: http://www.billikens.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=19013&page=7#entry234371

BIG BILL FAN, on Apr 11 2010, 05:11 PM, said:

One of the most absurd comments I have ever read. Loe played 9 minutes!!!!! You have no ideal how good or bad he will be based on that brief appearance. I guess that 19 of 28 3 pt. shooting performance was just a mirage.

Thanks (I didn't feel like searching). It looks like my prognostication was on the mark. Also, I notice the use of initials had begun by then.

I started reading the board in 2006, and I seem to remember pretty rampant initial usage since then. At least of TL (Tommie Lidell), Ian Vouyoukas (IV) and KL (Kevin Lisch). AM, DB, DP, BH sorry Roy, don't mean to make your head spin.

Splitting hairs but Mike Lepore introduced himself as "assistant coach - Saint Louis University."

Discuss. Anyone heard anything with regards to the new coach?

Again splitting hairs, but I think he means he is an assistant coach for the AIA team and is from Saint Louis University not that he is an assistant coach at Saint Louis University.