Cody in Russia...

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Updating Kwyjibo's post from earlier (based on these results I think some of your numbers were off as well):

Canada beat Czech 87 - 56 (+31 point differential)

US -> +94, +43, +18, -9 = 146 total (3-1 record, last game vs Canada)

CA -> +15, +94, +9,+31 = 149 total (4-0 record, last game vs US)

AU -> +28, +17, -9, +9 = 45 total (3-1 record, last game vs UAE who lost to both Canada and US by 94)

This margin of victory thing could create an interesting scenario where Australia is up big say 90+ points on UAE, but could be fouling to extend the game and run up the score.

No. In that scenario 3 teams end up 4-1 and tie breakers are used

Right but the USA just needs to beat Canada by more then 3 and then they're guaranteed to at least be top 2. Between that and Australia needing to win by about 100 points, I don't think it'll be much of a problem.

Right but the USA just needs to beat Canada by more then 3 and then they're guaranteed to at least be top 2. Between that and Australia needing to win by about 100 points, I don't think it'll be much of a problem.

It will be an issue for Australia which is the team I'm calling for the most.

It will be an issue for Australia which is the team I'm calling for the most.

Yes, I meant 4-1. Didn't realize there were 5 games.

As a US citizen I want them to advance and as a Billiken fan I want Australia to advance so it sounds like I just want USA to pound Canada in the to dirt for that to happen.

No love for our current Canadian player?? GG (sorry Roy, I mean Grandy Glaze).

No love for our current Canadian player?? GG (sorry Roy, I mean Grandy Glaze).

I just finished watching the tape of the game and Cody was terrific in the second half. He was Ok in the first half but his three point shot and three point play and great defense when the Aussies were 10 points down really keyed the comeback. great to see him playing well and so excited at the end.

I just finished watching the tape of the game and Cody was terrific in the second half. He was Ok in the first half but his three point shot and three point play and great defense when the Aussies were 10 points down really keyed the comeback. great to see him playing well and so excited at the end.

He had another three attempt in the second half that looked really good, but was in and out. He was definitely feeling it.

(Using RUBillsFan's numbers above which are more accurate than my post yesterday) The US needs to beat Canada to advance. If they win by 1 they would advance as the 2nd team; but if they win by 2 or more they advance as the number 1 team (remember that Canada's pt. differential goes down when they lose).

Australia won by 88 today so their total Point Differential is 45 + 88 = 133. The U. S. has to beat Canada by 17 or more for Australia to advance.

(Using RUBillsFan's numbers above which are more accurate than my post yesterday) The US needs to beat Canada to advance. If they win by 1 they would advance as the 2nd team; but if they win by 2 or more they advance as the number 1 team (remember that Canada's pt. differential goes down when they lose).

Australia won by 88 today so their total Point Differential is 45 + 88 = 133. The U. S. has to beat Canada by 17 or more for Australia to advance.

No, Canada beat the USA, Australia will advance!

Not happy with the USA performance, but I'm glad Cody gets to move on.

Honestly, I don't care about the USA's performance. I wouldn't have known they were playing if Cody wasn't involved and I can't call for any team with Doug McDermott on it right now (purely out of spite/jealousy).

Honestly, I don't care about the USA's performance. I wouldn't have known they were playing if Cody wasn't involved and I can't call for any team with Doug McDermott on it right now (purely out of spite/jealousy).

Why do you hate America first? ;) You pinko Commie!

Well, I would probably rather see Cody advance than the USA team. I don't care about Canada at all, so I was hoping for a USA smackdown on them so USA and Australia could both advance.

If you look at the talent on the USA team, there is no reason they should have lost to Australia or Canada. Very disappointing that they represented our country with that performance. Sort of like those early 2000s "Dream Teams" that did poorly in the Olympics and other competitions.

Edit: Also, mods please ban kshoe for hating America. Thanks.

I'm still concerned that we lost to them two summers ago. How will this affect our seeding in the NCAA tourney next year?

Carleton will help SLU this year. Carleton will put a hurting on Wisconsin so bad in August that SLU will be able to beat them in Mexico before they get their confidence back (then Wisconsin will have a decent year and be a nice profile win)!

Carleton will help SLU this year. Carleton will but a hurting on Wisconsin so bad in August that SLU will be able to beat them in Mexico before they get their confidence back (then Wisconsin will have a decent year and be a nice profile win)!

Canada beat the US today so we are out of the medal round. Cody had 17 point for Australia as they pummelled UAE. That game was played first so they had to try to score as many points as possible in case of a tiebreaker. Canada played great against the US. Maybe Carleton is a good team after all!

Canada beat the US today so we are out of the medal round. Cody had 17 point for Australia as they pummelled UAE. That game was played first so they had to try to score as many points as possible in case of a tiebreaker. Canada played great against the US. Maybe Carleton is a good team after all!

Good. smails.jpg

Any idea if a replay of this game will be televised?