Cody in Russia...

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Australia (2-0) is in Group C with the United States (2-0), Canada (1-0), UAE (0-1), Czech Republic (0-2) and Sweden (0-2). Following the preliminary round, the top two teams in each of four pools advance to the medal round. The remaining teams compete in a consolation bracket.

Basically Cody's Aussie team needs to win their game against Canada tomorrow to claim that #2 spot to advance to the medal round. I don't know much about the rosters, but doubt anyone will beat the US team.

Aus leads U.S. 85-79 w 46 seconds left

Cody hit a huge three in the third quarter when the US was up 10. That really sparked an amazing comeback by Oz. Ice it, Cody! Send the Yanks home!

Aus leads U.S. 85-79 w 46 seconds left

Cody hit a huge three in the third quarter when the US was up 10. That really sparked an amazing comeback by Oz. Ice it, Cody! Send the Yanks home!

Mods, please ban Metz immediately for being unpatriotic! It is obvious with this post that he does not support the troops.

Mods, please ban Metz immediately for being unpatriotic! It is obvious with this post that he does not support the troops.

HAHAH this one time I agree with you! Damn me and my anti-American propaganda.

Does anyone know how the tie-breakers work if USA, Canada, and Australia all finish 3-1 with losses to one another?

There are 5 games. US and Canada have yet to play so I take you mean if the US beats Canada and they all end up 4-1. So, it would come down to point differential. The US. has 103 point lead in differential over Australia right now but Australia may decide to go Globetrotter Cartoon on the UAE (lost to the US and Canada by 96) and beat them by 120. Canada is playing Cxech Republic right now and they need to win by more than 37 points to get even with the US.

US--> +96; + 43; +18; -9

Canada-->+9, +96; +15

Aus-->+28; +17; +9; -9

Right now, U. S. fans have to be rooting for sportsmanship because if Canada wins by more than 37 and Australia wins tomorrow by more than 103 then they would need to beat Canada by half of what Canada beat Czech+37 and Australia beat UAE+103 by.

There are 5 games. US and Canada have yet to play so I take you mean if the US beats Canada and they all end up 4-1. So, it would come down to point differential. The US. has 103 point lead in differential over Australia right now but Australia may decide to go Globetrotter Cartoon on the UAE (lost to the US and Canada by 96) and beat them by 120. Canada is playing Cxech Republic right now and they need to win by more than 37 points to get even with the US.

US--> +96; + 43; +18; -9

Canada-->+9, +96; +15

Aus-->+28; +17; +9; -9

Right now, U. S. fans have to be rooting for sportsmanship because if Canada wins by more than 37 and Australia wins tomorrow by more than 103 then they would need to beat Canada by half of what Canada beat Czech+37 and Australia beat UAE+103 by.

Thanks for the czech-up.

US--> +96; + 43; +18; -9

Canada-->+9, +96; +15

Aus-->+28; +17; +9; -9

Yes, I meant 4-1. Didn't realize there were 5 games.

As a US citizen I want them to advance and as a Billiken fan I want Australia to advance so it sounds like I just want USA to pound Canada in the to dirt for that to happen.

US--> +96; + 43; +18; -9

Canada-->+9, +96; +15

Aus-->+28; +17; +9; -9