Next in line for the A-10

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If it's coast to coast I think we should breathe a whole lot easier. Why would you leave out the biigest market right in the middle of the country? Plus, you just can't add Zaga and St.Mary's. The travel costs for the non revenues would be staggering. Thhink about the costs of taking baseball and softball teams out for a west coast swing. You ain't going to Wash by bus if your X, DePaul, or MU. The only way I'd see them going coast to coast would be by adding 6 WC teams.

Exactly and then you have the argument...

Gonzaga and St. Mary's for basketball - they would be in for sure.

Seattle has just transitioned to D-I, so they are probably on the sidelines.

San Francisco has been dormant for years.

Portland has a phenomenal soccer program, but the Pilots haven't been at the level of a GU or SMC in hoops.

Loyola Marymount - has the L.A. market, but let's be serious, they've got to compete with SC and UCLA for coverage.

San Diego - good in the Football Championship Subdivision, but they take a back seat to San Diego State.

Am I missing any relevant WC Catholic schools?

Exactly and then you have the argument...

Gonzaga and St. Mary's for basketball - they would be in for sure.

Seattle has just transitioned to D-I, so they are probably on the sidelines.

San Francisco has been dormant for years.

Portland has a phenomenal soccer program, but the Pilots haven't been at the level of a GU or SMC in hoops.

Loyola Marymount - has the L.A. market, but let's be serious, they've got to compete with SC and UCLA for coverage.

San Diego - good in the Football Championship Subdivision, but they take a back seat to San Diego State.

Am I missing any relevant WC Catholic schools?

Santa Clara.

i must have missed the big east official announcement of expanding to 12 teams. can someone provide a link?

seton hall AD speaks for the conference? the truth is there is no definitive plan and definitely no time frame.

seton hall AD speaks for the conference? the truth is there is no definitive plan and definitely no time frame.

This is absolutely true. But it's good that AD's are speaking freely about expansion. They know it's inevitable. The question is when and who and to what extent?

This is absolutely true. But it's good that AD's are speaking freely about expansion. They know it's inevitable. The question is when and who and to what extent?

if the seton hall AD really wants to give us breaking news, he would say, "in June, it will be announced two more schools will be added for the fall of 2013" or something to that effect. and even better, "SLU and Dayton ........fall of 2013" until then, guess what folks. we got passed over and are full fledged members of the A-10. anything else to change needs a full court press by the powers to be to make it happen. anyone thinking we are a cinch to be in, etc. well i got this bridge for sale........

if the seton hall AD really wants to give us breaking news, he would say, "in June, it will be announced two more schools will be added for the fall of 2013" or something to that effect. and even better, "SLU and Dayton ........fall of 2013" until then, guess what folks. we got passed over and are full fledged members of the A-10. anything else to change needs a full court press by the powers to be to make it happen. anyone thinking we are a cinch to be in, etc. well i got this bridge for sale........

Full fledged members of the A-10 is correct, even if slightly disappointing.

i just dont get why the a-10 sees the worth in watering down the conference with lesser programs all in the name of more schools.

i just dont get why the a-10 sees the worth in watering down the conference with lesser programs all in the name of more schools.

The A-10 has to do what's best for them too. Davidson was a solid add. I didn't like George Mason getting involved personally, but that's just me. Davidson adds a program who's doing well and won't be a RPI sink if you lose to them.

Your comment is exactly what some people have said about the Big East as well.

The A-10 has to do what's best for them too. Davidson was a solid add. I didn't like George Mason getting involved personally, but that's just me. Davidson adds a program who's doing well and won't be a RPI sink if you lose to them.

I think you are referring to the old "Big East." If that's who you mean then it's clearly about TV money. With who they had left they had a cra##y TV package, they needed to add some bigger markets even if it make the league a shell of itself.

Let's face it, everything that is happening now with league realignments is about money. That's why I think we get in the NBE next year.

I think you are referring to the old "Big East." If that's who you mean then it's clearly about TV money. With who they had left they had a cra##y TV package, they needed to add some bigger markets even if it make the league a shell of itself.

Let's face it, everything that is happening now with league realignments is about money. That's why I think we get in the NBE next year.

It's always about money.

however a number of the nbe schools are lower rpi schools than us, so not the same thing. the likes of hofstra isnt going to be a challenger to win the a-10 anytime soon likely. big difference.

however a number of the nbe schools are lower rpi schools than us, so not the same thing. the likes of hofstra isnt going to be a challenger to win the a-10 anytime soon likely. big difference.

Davidson is better than a lot of A-10 schools. I see it as the same situation (with regards to Davidson). I think you're right on George Mason though.

Stony Brook is another school like Davidson (both B+) that fits in nicely with the A-10. ...and like Davidson, Stony Brook is most similar to Dayton. Stony beat UMass in the 1st round of the NIT. Playing either Davidson or Stony Brook would not hurt our RPI or other numbers.

MIght be in SLU's interest if the A10 started looking to the Midwest. SLU will be quite the outpost when Pittsburgh is the closest conference foe. Could make for a nice road trip. Can stop in Dayton to catch a BE game on the way to Duquesne.