OT - Biondi monthly message - Office of the President

Fr Anderson was a really great prof and taught one of my history classes at SLU. He left sometime while I was there to do a sabbatical at Boston College, I believe, and didn't return. He wrote some recommendations for me, and was a kind, friendly person who I respected very much and learned a great deal from. It doesn't surprise me that he would be the one to stand up to Biondi, as he was arrested protesting at the SOA back in the day. Hopefully his courage is contagious and more people put pressure on the few who actually do have authority over Biondi.

What is "the SOA"?

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Fr. Biondi lives in the house across West Pine Mall from DeMattias Hall. As of the last time I looked, the name of the building is "Cartier Hall," but it is most certainly a house. On the ground floor there's a nice art gallery and some nice furniture. The upper floor has more comfortable furniture and a big screen TV and an office. The house also has a tanning bed. I've seen it all myself; I'm friends with a guy who used to work in Fr. Biondi's office and would look after the house/Fr. B's dogs whenever Fr. B was away.

We hope to have a Tanner Lancona. We already have a Tanner Bronson and a tanner Biondi.

http://bit.ly/16tEmc6

Page 7: "If you don't bring more money into this university I'll make sure you don't have enough money to buy Christmas presents for your kids." - Fr. Lawrence Biondi, Society of Jesus

It has been a long time since I have seen someone so maniacal about another human being, especially someone whose impact on your life is relatively immaterial. I am amazed that you spend as much time as you do hunting down every little tidbit you can possibly find to cast Biondi in a negative light. But, hey, it's your right...

http://bit.ly/16tEmc6

Page 7: "If you don't bring more money into this university I'll make sure you don't have enough money to buy Christmas presents for your kids." - Fr. Lawrence Biondi, Society of Jesus

Thanks for the link to that report. Some really interesting information. I wish more effort went into discussing the issues (like that report) and less time was spent trying to win cheap points in the media.

It has been a long time since I have seen someone so maniacal about another human being, especially someone whose impact on your life is relatively immaterial. I am amazed that you spend as much time as you do hunting down every little tidbit you can possibly find to cast Biondi in a negative light. But, hey, it's your right...

Yeah, shame on me for caring about the president of the university where I currently attend class. Perhaps you'll be less "amazed" to learn that it takes me no time at all tracking this stuff down; it's all posted by my friends directly into my facebook newsfeed. At least one person above this post in this thread actually just thanked me for sharing this; I'm doing it for people like that, not you. Sorry this doesn't "fit your narrative."

But it's "been a long time since I have seen someone so maniacal about" what I'm posting, lol

get bent

Thanks for the link to that report. Some really interesting information. I wish more effort went into discussing the issues (like that report) and less time was spent trying to win cheap points in the media.

I whole-heartedly agree that the focus needs to be on the issues, but frankly most instances of media "cheap points" (like Biondi's illegal removal of those faculty members from the SGA meeting) are symptomatic of the issues, and further illustrate the problem of leadership we have on our hands right now.

Yeah, shame on me for caring about the president of the university where I currently attend class. Perhaps you'll be less "amazed" to learn that it takes me no time at all tracking this stuff down; it's all posted by my friends directly into my facebook newsfeed. At least one person above this post in this thread actually just thanked me for sharing this; I'm doing it for people like that, not you. Sorry this doesn't "fit your narrative."

But it's "been a long time since I have seen someone so maniacal about" what I'm posting, lol

get bent

I didn't realize you were still just a student - explains a lot. I will now always defer to your voluminous life experience.

Alright then. Read that report. Maybe you hate the faculty. Maybe you love Biondi. No matter. There is no way to come to any conclusion other than SLU is an abiect mess. The University, the students and the alumni deserve a new President.

You two continue your pissing match if ya like. Meanwhile your alma mater is a flupping disaster.

I didn't realize you were still just a student - explains a lot. I will now always defer to your voluminous life experience.

Alright then. Read that report. Maybe you hate the faculty. Maybe you love Biondi. No matter. There is no way to come to any conclusion other than SLU is an abiect mess. The University, the students and the alumni deserve a new President.

You two continue your pissing match if ya like. Meanwhile your alma mater is a flupping disaster.

I know. It's really disheartening.

The opponents of Biondi probably need to pull back a little. There are probably a lot a former Biondi supporters that could convince him it is time to go, who might start taking some of this stuff as attacks on the school itself instead of just Biondi. If that happens instead of thinking it is time to nudge Biondi out in a few months they might start thinking it is time to circle the wagons instead.

I don't think it is in anyone who cares about the school to have Biondi going out looking like a total disgrace. You don't need to torch the villge to win the war.

My alma mater is not a disaster, but there are a lot of people who are beginning to think this because of the spectacle some are turning the whole "bash Biondi affair" into. It's all going to resolve itself soon enough, but in the meantime a vocal group demands its pound of flesh at great cost to the University. Again, two wrongs don't make a right, but some people just cannot help themselves.

P.S. the people who have been most impactful on Biondi's decisions are virtually never heard from...by choice.

The opponents of Biondi probably need to pull back a little. There are probably a lot a former Biondi supporters that could convince him it is time to go, who might start taking some of this stuff as attacks on the school itself instead of just Biondi. If that happens instead of thinking it is time to nudge Biondi out in a few months they might start thinking it is time to circle the wagons instead.

I don't think it is in anyone who cares about the school to have Biondi going out looking like a total disgrace. You don't need to torch the villge to win the war.

You have a point, but Biondi isn't going to wake up and say "I think I'm going to hang 'em up today," and that's the disturbing thing. The anti-Biondi people are really just adamantly (albeit misunderstood by the administration) pro-SLU people and worried about the direction of the U. It's good that these people are making their voices heard.

My alma mater is not a disaster, but there are a lot of people who are beginning to think this because of the spectacle some are turning the whole "bash Biondi affair" into. It's all going to resolve itself soon enough, but in the meantime a vocal group demands its pound of flesh at great cost to the University. Again, two wrongs don't make a right, but some people just cannot help themselves.

P.S. the people who have been most impactful on Biondi's decisions are virtually never heard from...by choice.

Jesus, you are tone deaf! According to you the unwashed masses should continue to trust in the landed gentry... I think that I will stay in the 21st century. You can go ahead and read Atlas Shrugged again and pleasure yourself.

Jesus, you are tone deaf! According to you the unwashed masses should continue to trust in the landed gentry... I think that I will stay in the 21st century. You can go ahead and read Atlas Shrugged again and pleasure yourself.

Haha. This is great. So hypocritical. "Alumni fan is following the wrong masses! Our mass has everything right! He shouldn't even question us!" Then boom! You call it his economic philosophy out of nowhere! You got him.

• 6 years later...
On 4/27/2013 at 6:55 AM, Clock_Tower said:

IMO, this is typical Fr. Biondi. After the fact, he sends out a list of all his accomplishments. What is missing, of course, are all the lost opportunities and strain on relationships (with Jim Crews), with fans, alums and supporters of the basketball program.

As you know, I would not have hired Jim Crews. Instead, I would immediately gone in a different direction with an immediate "big splash" hire. I also would have had Dr. C be highly visible and supportive of this new splash hire as he would largely be the chairman to select this person along with Chris May. Unlike Fr. Biondi, I would defer to Chris May and the committee to select the new coach. This, of course, did not happen. I accept that and have not continued (will not continue) with anti-Jim Crews posts each time he makes a questionable decision, screws up or misses out on a recruit. My point, though, is that if Jim Crews is the man, then there is no need to leave him dangle in the wind. Crews has been on the SLU payroll for over a year. It's not like the delay was the result of JC turning waiting to turn in his W-4 and of SLU awaiting the criminal background check!! The interim tag should have been removed within 5 days of the end of the season, JC should have been announced, no need for JC to fall on the Ignatius sword and tell the public how slow he is to make decisions, the media would have only written positive articles and fans would have been informed and respected. Public relations, good will, confidence in the program -- all important items to people like me (season ticket holders) but also to students, alums, friends of the school - and don't forget - to and among the new Big East schools.

+6