HC

Schasz

YOUR POSTS TONIGHT AFTER A WONDERFUL SEASON ARE A PATHETIC JOKE. CREWS DID A GREAT JOB WITH THIS TEAM UNDER DIFFICULT CIRCUMSTANCES. ANY TEAM CAN HAVE AN OFF SHOOTING NIGHT WHILE ANOTHER TEAM SHOOTS LIGHTS OUT AND THAT IS THE RECIPE FOR AN UPSET. I WILL NEVER, EVER UNDERSTAND THE RIDICULOUS NEGATIVITY BY SOME ON THIS BOARD. WE JUST FINISHED THE BEST SEASON IN THE HISTORY OF THE PROGRAM WITH THE MOST WINS AND THE MOST WINS OVER RANKED OPPONENTS. WE WERE RANKED 13TH IN THE FINAL REGULAR SEASON POLL EVEN THOUGH WE PLAYED HALF THE SEASON WITHOUT OUR SENIOR POINT GUARD. GIVE US ALL A BREAK AND SHUT DOWN THE STUPID SIGNATURE!

+1000

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I totally agree with Billikan. thanks for stating the obvious. Class is not a major feature of these kinds of boards. I saw some idiot reporter ask Shaka Smart right after their loss if he was leaving. Even Charles Barkley called it out as classless. I figured this board would have a meltdown after that ugly loss, but some of this is truly pathetic -- and classless.

What a year. Thank you, Jim Crews. Please come back and keep this locomotive running. Yes, we do need a few more athletes. But a new coach will scrap all or most of the Majerus system and start from scratch; while we still have the great guys coming back to act as assistant coaches -- please come back to lead it. The games this year -- especially home against Butler, 2nd half against Lasalle; VCU at home and then in the tourney; New Mexico = really some of the best basketbal ever played at Chaifetz, and really some of the best played all year in Dvision I!!! PLEASE disregard the phonies on here calling for your dismissal less that 12 hours after the end of the season!! And if you are a recruit reading this: many if not most of us on here love the team, the year we had, the coaching staff, and will always treasure the accomplishments led by coach Crews.

PS: Frankly: We got drilled by a team that played better that we did, plain and simple. It happens every day in the tournament. Coaching does not affect 3-point shooting; or fatigue, for that matter; and our defense ran tired a lot and the long season finally just gets to adolescents -- look at the teams that have already bit the dust. I remember the GW game, coached by the great Rick Majerus, where we scored 20. Coaching cannot magically remove the lid off of the bucket.

YOUR POSTS TONIGHT AFTER A WONDERFUL SEASON ARE A PATHETIC JOKE. CREWS DID A GREAT JOB WITH THIS TEAM UNDER DIFFICULT CIRCUMSTANCES. ANY TEAM CAN HAVE AN OFF SHOOTING NIGHT WHILE ANOTHER TEAM SHOOTS LIGHTS OUT AND THAT IS THE RECIPE FOR AN UPSET. I WILL NEVER, EVER UNDERSTAND THE RIDICULOUS NEGATIVITY BY SOME ON THIS BOARD. WE JUST FINISHED THE BEST SEASON IN THE HISTORY OF THE PROGRAM WITH THE MOST WINS AND THE MOST WINS OVER RANKED OPPONENTS. WE WERE RANKED 13TH IN THE FINAL REGULAR SEASON POLL EVEN THOUGH WE PLAYED HALF THE SEASON WITHOUT OUR SENIOR POINT GUARD. GIVE US ALL A BREAK AND SHUT DOWN THE STUPID SIGNATURE!

couldn't have said it better - this Board would be much better if Rich took a permanent hike

It might be classless or whatever you call it but I think Rich is being the voice of more than just one on here, if you ignore the avatar. I think it is too early for any of this discussion so I won't join in, only if to say the first move lies with Crews. As I said in tarheel's thread -- I believe the first move is up to Crews. If he declines it, it saves the school's arse from the BBQ. No one is going to look good firing or releasing the COY candidate who survived the travails of a season like this and did it with such great results. Even if the cupboard was as well stocked as it was. If he says he's in, he's in. Short search.

As I have said before, winning the COY is not material for where we go in the future - look at MO. Now, I agree the avatar is not fair to a fine man such as Crews but there are many who would prefer to throw their stock in with someone who really wants the job not just seems required to take it as some of you are suggesting. I agree with who said - not the time for sentimentality but the time for cool decision making. If May does not have a solid short list already then shame on him and he needs to go. If I was May I would sit down with Crews and say, " JIm, you had a great year and we are very appreciative but I want to make sure that you know what our future holds: 1. we are vying for a slot in the new BE and the pressure to win next year will be tremendous - is that something you can live with? 2. our team will need restocking immediately and this means long nights and days on the trail - is this something you can live with? 3. we need to raise tix prices but can not really do so unless we are assured that we will be delivering a product of this caliber virtually every year - is this something you can live with? 4. your current staff did a good job but can you clean house of at least some to make sure you a have a staff that is picked not one filled by default - is this something you can live with? 5. finally, it is OK to say no because I would hate to have to be the one to fire you if none of the above 4 are things you can live with then maybe we should talk about other options where your talents at SLU could be better utilized. It would pain me and I don't want to put someone of your character through that experience but if the wrong guy is hired then there is a good chance I will get canned and the new AD will doing your canning.

Show some class.

The "Anyone But Crews" avatar? Billiken Rich? What kind of fan are you?

photo-thumb-100007.jpg?_r=1364088386

That is distaseful, take it down.

Crews is a good man, does not deserve that kind of crap.

I'm a fan that wants a new coach. As I've said all year I want Crews to go off into the sunset a winner. He has to do that now. He did his job well to hold things together. We cannot take a chance on his recruiting. We need a proven winner.

Anybody but Crews is not realy true. I wouldn't take Quinn Snyder but there are dozens of better choices available.

There is a HUGE difference between wanting a different coach and your ignorant "Anybody But Crews" avatar.

You should not disrespect a man who did his best. You use an avatar picture of our mascot flipping the finger. Terrible. Crews has more class in his middle finger than you have in your entire body.

It is unaccptable to disgrace any of our players or coach in this manner.

To boot, you do not know the game at all, you blame Crews for our loss, how about the 28 wins? Yesterday we shot 3-20 from 3, Oregon shot 8-11, almost all were uncontested deep threes, that is Crews's fault?

Please withdraw the avatar.

Huh? This, hopefully, is a joke. One bad tourney game and people lose all touch with reality. Knight? Pitino? Wow.

Listen, I am devastated by the loss. SLU played horribly. I blame the players and the coach--Crews could have adjusted, and the players did not execute. All of that said, GET A GRIP, PEOPLE! Pitino is not coming to SLU. Nor is Knight. Enfield won't be the SLU coach. Not Eustachy, not Amaker. We have a nice program. So do lots of other schools. I'm glad to see the passion on this board, but just be real. I am not endorsing Crews, but I know we'd be lucky to have him.

Listen, moron. It's the son of the Louisville coach. He coached at FIU this season.

Head coach?

It is all about the conference... if we get in the NBE, the job will be very attractive and good recruits will be more plentiful.

If we do not...

We must get a HC before we will ever know if we are in the Big East or not, so I think we are past the "if we get in the NBE, the job will be very attractive" phase. That boat sailed when it was announced we were left out of the first expansion.

We will have a HC lined up and signed to a 5 year deal way before we will know whether we are in the NBE or not.

Rich, you are an ######

There is a HUGE difference between wanting a different coach and your ignorant "Anybody But Crews" avatar.

You should not disrespect a man who did his best. You use an avatar picture of our mascot flipping the finger. Terrible. Crews has more class in his middle finger than you have in your entire body.

To boot, you do not know the game at all, you blame Crews for our loss, how about the 28 wins? Yesterday we shot 3-20 from 3, Oregon shot 8-11, almost all were uncontested deep threes, that is Crews's fault?

+ infinity on both posts

Head coach?

It is all about the conference... if we get in the NBE, the job will be very attractive and good recruits will be more plentiful.

If we do not...

MB and others.

Names of schools, conferences and coaches often skew our perceptions. Therefore, I am intentionally not listing the same and ask the questions:

If all we need to do is to get into the new BE... and if conference will sell itself for both coaches and recruits... and the recruits will come once we do this or do that.... then why are there long-time doormats in ALL the major conferences? Also, why are there so many "average" teams in the major conferences which remain "good" each year but don't reach "great" or "elite" status? Also, name a few players who chose to play in a certain conference rather than for a certain coach. Until the "underdog" mid-majors and the "over-achieving" small conference teams actually play the also-rans of the major conferences, we all assume that the major conference team which puts a record of 21 - 12 is better than the lesser name school/lesser conference school which goes 25-7. 3 and 4 star recruits actually want to play for quality coaches who are not in the major conferences even though they receive offers from the schools of the major conferences.

Sorry, I'm not buying this "if only we get into the new BE..." The good recruits follow the good coaches no matter where they are. How else can you explain why top players have gone to Gonzaga, X, Butler... these past years and yet they have never been in a major conference. Just look at our own program. Even though we had no real sustained success, we had dropped in quality of conferences from Great Midwest/Conference USA and Fr. Biondi had not lived up to his Top 50 promise, RM brought quality kids here even though they had interest/offers from the major conferences.

An average coach in the new Big East, a good/better conference than the A10 w/o Temple, X and Butler, but not an elite on par with the Big 10 and ACC conference, will make us an "average" team hoping to get invited to the Tourney, on average, every other or every third year.

I'm a fan that wants a new coach. As I've said all year I want Crews to go off into the sunset a winner. He has to do that now. He did his job well to hold things together. We cannot take a chance on his recruiting. We need a proven winner.

Anybody but Crews is not realy true. I wouldn't take Quinn Snyder but there are dozens of better choices available.

I agreed with what you said. However, he is a good person and helped to unify the team this year. I hope you could take your profile picture down, he deserves better than this.

We must get a HC before we will ever know if we are in the Big East or not, so I think we are past the "if we get in the NBE, the job will be very attractive" phase. That boat sailed when it was announced we were left out of the first expansion.

We will have a HC lined up and signed to a 5 year deal way before we will know whether we are in the NBE or not.

I understand what you are saying but what good head coach will sign with us in this limbo period? He could wind up in the wasteland A-10 or the top 6 New Big East.

Isn't there a chance we will know our fate soon? A month or so? Not sure... but it would be optimal if they say we are "in" for 2014, and announce it in say, April, so we know what hand we have been dealt.

MB and others.

Names of schools, conferences and coaches often skew our perceptions. Therefore, I am intentionally not listing the same and ask the questions:

If all we need to do is to get into the new BE... and if conference will sell itself for both coaches and recruits... and the recruits will come once we do this or do that.... then why are there long-time doormats in ALL the major conferences? Also, why are there so many "average" teams in the major conferences which remain "good" each year but don't reach "great" or "elite" status? Also, name a few players who chose to play in a certain conference rather than for a certain coach. Until the "underdog" mid-majors and the "over-achieving" small conference teams actually play the also-rans of the major conferences, we all assume that the major conference team which puts a record of 21 - 12 is better than the lesser name school/lesser conference school which goes 25-7. 3 and 4 star recruits actually want to play for quality coaches who are not in the major conferences even though they receive offers from the schools of the major conferences.

Sorry, I'm not buying this "if only we get into the new BE..." The good recruits follow the good coaches no matter where they are. How else can you explain why top players have gone to Gonzaga, X, Butler... these past years and yet they have never been in a major conference. Just look at our own program. Even though we had no real sustained success, we had dropped in quality of conferences from Great Midwest/Conference USA and Fr. Biondi had not lived up to his Top 50 promise, RM brought quality kids here even though they had interest/offers from the major conferences.

An average coach in the new Big East, a good/better conference than the A10 w/o Temple, X and Butler, but not an elite on par with the Big 10 and ACC conference, will make us an "average" team hoping to get invited to the Tourney, on average, every other or every third year.

The fact of the matter is that Majerus was our all time good break, a complete fluke of luck. He chose us, brought in good 2-3* kids that fit his system that wanted to play for a HOF legend. That is over.

NOW he is gone, and we will have a terrible time, back to our former situation, unless we get in the New BE. That will help. TV exposure, TV money, much better competition.

The New BE for us does not "ensure" anything. But it will help, a lot. Attract a better coach who will attract better players in conjunction with the much better conference. We might even get a local 4* - 5* to stay some day...

I'm with Billiken Rich on this one. Good luck with your future endeavors, Jim. Last night was an embarrassment. We clearly had no game plan, made no adjustments, and took what was the greatest season in 65 years and the potential that came with it and squandered it. It makes me sick to even think about the fact that we got worked by such the oregon fuoking ducks. I place the blame for this squarely on the shoulders of the head coach. Crews and May need to go now.

He didn't miss the shots but he also didn't have much of a defensive game plan. I have to think Majerus or even Brad could've come up with something. better than watch them sink threes one after another

We did not defand. We did not rebound. We didn't win..............

I support coach change too. I also agreed with our defense plan was not effective but theirs was. But when you are trailed by 16 points after first half, to a team like ours, we have to play something that we are not familiar with and not comfortable with, which is to play faster and shoot threes, otherwise we will not even get a chance to catch up. We lost 5 out of 5 this year (not including yesterday's loss) when we are trailed by more than 5 points in a first half, because our game is to play in slow pace and get buckets one by one, so it is hard for us to catch up if we lost too much in a first half. We are not a very explosive team. I have no problem with they shoot threes, but our defense was not as good as it supposes to be in a first 15 minutes. I know some people are not happy about it when I say we had a poor defense plan last night, but we did. Just look at their shooting percentage from the arc, is it not a significant evidence to say we had a poor defense plan in a first half?

Agree. This makes sense.

I hope we got some tricks up our sleeves for our Head Coach or Assistant.

I wouldn't be disappointed if JC stayed, but we need to hire a BADASS assistant along with it.

I hope we keep Bronson on as well as I think he will be someone we may want to take over one day.

But why they shot 8/11 threes? Is it just because they were hot last night?

I hate his avatar thing, that is a joke, but anything else else he said does make sense.

I support coach change too. I also agreed with our defense plan was not effective but theirs was. But when you are trailed by 16 points after first half, to a team like ours, we have to play something that we are not familiar with and not comfortable with, which is to play faster and shoot threes, otherwise we will not even get a chance to catch up. We lost 5 out of 5 this year (not including yesterday's loss) when we are trailed by more than 5 points in a first half, because our game is to play in slow pace and get buckets one by one, so it is hard for us to catch up if we lost too much in a first half. We are not a very explosive team. I have no problem with they shoot threes, but our defense was not as good as it supposes to be in a first 15 minutes. I know some people are not happy about it when I say we had a poor defense plan last night, but we did. Just look at their shooting percentage from the arc, is it not a significant evidence to say we had a poor defense plan in a first half?

No that is not evidence of a poor defensive game plan.

All it tells you is that Oregon was on fire.

If Michael Jordan drops 30 against your team it doesnt mean the game plan was wrong it means you got beat by a better player.

None of that shouting has anything to do with the future. Can Crews recruit at a high level? Is he that best person for the job? I think the answers to those questions are maybe and no. Do I hold him respensible for our shooting tonight? No. Could Majerus have come up with a better defensive scheme? Yes.

Do I want us to find another coach? Yes.

Does not sound good, but simply true.

If Michael Jordan drops 30 against your team it doesnt mean the game plan was wrong it means you got beat by a better player.

There are no michael jordans on the oregon ducks. We got flat-out embarrassed by a lesser team. It was like the staff did no preparation and game-planning at all. Losing like that needs to be inexcusable.

Is there any MJ type of player in Oregon team? They are not a good outside shooting team (there are stats supporting this). But why they were on fire?