Oregon scares me

slu72

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Per Timmermann, SLU flew Josh and his family in for the game. Josh ain't scared, and the Bills won't be either.

That is awesome!!! Love to hear it.

Someone mentioned to me that Oregon will pack the Shark Tank. Their fans travel very, very well. Fortunately, we have played relatively well in front of hostile crowds.

I can easily see us losing the game agaisnt New Mexico State. Our team has been traveling a lot and should be exhausted plus they have bigs that usually give us some trouble.

this is killing me. i just don't see our guards being able to match up well with sim bhlutarski.

I can easily see us losing the game agaisnt New Mexico State. Our team has been traveling a lot and should be exhausted plus they have bigs that usually give us some trouble.

totally agree. way we got here is one game at a time. I hope team more focused than us lamenutz. only time since RI where I felt they were kind of getting lackadaisical was second half GW game.

Agreed. Sim is that under-the-radar PF that we make look like Kevin Garnett. Plus, just don't think our guards have the ability to hang with theirs.

Yeah, I've pretty much chalked this one up as a loss. We just don't have the depth they do.

Small sample size but that conference championship game on ESPN3 showed two really undisciplined gazelle-like teams. New Mex States defense was pretty much trying to block and steal everything and let sluggo sit in the middle and bat things away that cominto his field of vision. Picture Kong at the top of the Empire State building swatting at planes.

Small sample size but that conference championship game on ESPN3 showed two really undisciplined gazelle-like teams. New Mex States defense was pretty much trying to block and steal everything and let sluggo sit in the middle and bat things away that cominto his field of vision. Picture Kong at the top of the Empire State building swatting at planes.

Kong wasn't that big...

But there was a method to NMSU's madness. Much more disciplined then VCU's havoc (with better athletes too). It's been a good ride for our guys, but this is just a bad matchup for us.

But there was a method to NMSU's madness. Much more disciplined then VCU's havoc (with better athletes too). It's been a good ride for our guys, but this is just a bad matchup for us.

NMSU is not more athletic than VCU. Not a chance. Sure, not a great matchup...but this is NEW MEXICO STATE. If we really want to play with the big boys and ball in the New Big East, we have to win this kind of game, regardless of the fact that the matchup isn't ideal. We will make their Kong move, we will attack him, and he will get in foul trouble.

NMSU is not more athletic than VCU. Not a chance. Sure, not a great matchup...but this is NEW MEXICO STATE. If we really want to play with the big boys and ball in the New Big East, we have to win this kind of game, regardless of the fact that the matchup isn't ideal. We will make their Kong move, we will attack him, and he will get in foul trouble.

Agreed, Ron Ekker could gameplan beating these guys while banging a cheerleader....

Not too worried about NMSU, we are going to show them some ball the likes of which they have nevet seen.

I'm with '72, though, I am very worried about matchups with the Oregon, especially their cheerleaders. Last time I saw them they seem to be really athletic.