Watch Party on Thursday?

Yesterday felt like a really long roller coaster ride. The high of winning the first Atlantic 10 Championship in the history of playing in this conference was unbeatable! I am a relatively new Billiken fan but have been a fan long enough now to watch each of these players start and grow into the men they are today.

After the tournament, I immediately plugged in the laptop and began marking all of my pages for the best hotel locations. We went to Columbus last year and it was one of the greatest events of our life. (I was so excited last year that I came back to work and already marked my days off all the way to the Final Four!) We were prepared to go anywhere…anywhere except San Jose! San Jose…are you f’ing kidding me!

My heart sank. My consolation prize is that I plan on seeing them in Indianapolis next week. I have the reservations made to be there! A wild part of me still wants to throw all caution to the wind and just start driving today…I’d be there in time. Alas…I cannot.

So…I want to be at the biggest SLU watch party that is possible! Typically we go to the Field House and might still end up there. Wanted to ask around though if anyone knew of any plans going on for a really large watch party on Thursday? Just not sure that Field House could hold us all.

SportsZone could be a good option for a larger group. Early Thursday game without any direct competition from Mizzou or Kansas. The Post is about the same size as Fieldhouse, so I'd probably pick Fieldhouse over The Post if it came down to thise two. There's always Humps, but just not a good place to actually watch a game, IMO. More like a pre- or post-game place.

SportsZone could be a good option for a larger group. Early Thursday game without any direct competition from Mizzou or Kansas. The Post is about the same size as Fieldhouse, so I'd probably pick Fieldhouse over The Post if it came down to thise two. There's always Humps, but just not a good place to actually watch a game, IMO. More like a pre- or post-game place.

Because of work, I am no longer making the trip to SJ and will be looking to watch wherever the consensus is. Fieldhouse would be just fine by me, but Post or Sportszone would also be fine.

If anyone in Nashville in the Nashville area is trying to watch the game I would be interested. My other option is to just watch at my fraternity house but not sure I have the patience to put up with the non-SLU fans. So if by chance anyone is in town let me know.

I prefer watching at home but when I keep reading these where to watch discussions I never hear Friendly's mentioned. I've only been there once but thought it was really nice place, well named. I like Sportzone also. If you want to avoid rowdiness Lester's is the place. Felt like I was watching NFL ticket in a library it was so quiet my only visit.

Westy and I, and my whole office will probably go to Sportszone only because I think it holds a few more people. Can't stand it that I am not going to San Jose. We have everything booked for Indy next week. Go Bills Go!

If you do, let me know and I'll probably join.

If anyone in Nashville in the Nashville area is trying to watch the game I would be interested. My other option is to just watch at my fraternity house but not sure I have the patience to put up with the non-SLU fans. So if by chance anyone is in town let me know.

Sorry I am in Princeton this week. Paging Nashville Billiken

I prefer watching at home but when I keep reading these where to watch discussions I never hear Friendly's mentioned. I've only been there once but thought it was really nice place, well named. I like Sportzone also. If you want to avoid rowdiness Lester's is the place. Felt like I was watching NFL ticket in a library it was so quiet my only visit.

I like Friendly's a bunch too. However, it just isn't a great place if you are trying to accommodate a large crowd. TVs are kinda small, too. I'm leaning towards Sportszone.

I like Friendly's a bunch too. However, it just isn't a great place if you are trying to accommodate a large crowd. TVs are kinda small, too. I'm leaning towards Sportszone.

I think I'm going to head to The Field House with a group of 6 or so. My feeling is if we want it to be a "SLU Bar" then we better show up come tourney time.

I am afraid to go to the Fieldhouse due to my record there. I do know that about 12:37 PM on Thursday, I start to feel light-headed, sick to my stomach, with a slight fever...better leave the office before I get anyone else sick... :blink:

I ordered 10 blue shots at the field house after we beat VCU, for the people I knew at the bar. I intended on paying for them all but the manager gave them to us on the house. Definitely patronize Field House for the game Thursday. No disrespect to Jan and Humphrey's but it's just a better place to watch a sporting event.

I will probably journey up to the sportzone.

Last time I was there for the first day of the NCAA Me and a buddy got there around 1130 AM and left around midnight, when the waitress brought our tap it reached from the top of her head to the floor.

She was laughing when she gave it to us but I didnt think it was very funny.

Final damage $376.00.

Guys came and went throughout the day stopping in for drinks so that wasnt all on me and my buddy. He still has the receipt hanging up in his basement bar.

Ive gotten to know the owner and most of the workers over the years and they still laugh about that 5 foot long receipt.

I agree with other posters that we should continue to show Field House some love. I appreciate that they show all of the Billiken games on at least 90% of the TVs and also have sound. This is even true when Mizzou is scheduled for the same time. Not many other places will do that. I imagine that Field House will be packed, but that is where we will be. Go Bills!

Hey Hoosier4Life sorry about the sniping. I realize that you are probably just a person from Indiana as such a Hoosier in that sense not in school support. Keep on posting and supporting the Billikens. It's other posters I have a problem with fake SLU fans. Or SLU fans with handles that refer to a military feat like shooting down 5 enemy planes when I'm pretty sure that person would crap their pants in that situation and isn't even in the military.

I'm good with Fieldhouse or Sportszone. Is school back in? Won't the Fieldhouse be packed with students?

Perhaps. But Hump's and The Shack will probably get more students than the Fieldhouse will. The wife and I have decided on Fieldhouse and will head up there pretty early to grab a table (probably around 11:30.)

Perhaps. But Hump's and The Shack will probably get more students than the Fieldhouse will. The wife and I have decided on Fieldhouse and will head up there pretty early to grab a table (probably around 11:30.)

I'm probably going to Fieldhouse.

I ordered 10 blue shots at the field house after we beat VCU, for the people I knew at the bar. I intended on paying for them all but the manager gave them to us on the house. Definitely patronize Field House for the game Thursday. No disrespect to Jan and Humphrey's but it's just a better place to watch a sporting event.

blueshots.jpg