New Mexico State: Scouting

Pistol

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

FWIW, I don't condone our football players talking any crap. Especially considering their recent performance. I just don't get the attitude some of you here have regarding NMSU, New Mexico, and Las Cruces.

I like New Mexico. Wife and I spent over a week of a recent 3-month road trip there. Loved it (except Roswell). I've said nothing negative about the state.

NMSU and Las Cruces, on the other hand, is open season for us right now. People came to us talking , they're going to get it back. I've never posted on another team's message board. But if you come here, you deserve what you get.

My "attitude" about Las Cruces is based on personal observation. The Missions are nice the town is terrible. Slightly better than Gallup NM.

Las Cruces NM is a terrible town. I used to live in El Paso and there is not much good about that town. I think Billy the Kid was once held in a jail overnight there about the only thing of note to happen ever.

haha this is rich! Las Cruces is a fine town. Certainly not a tourist destination, but the weather for the most part is fantastic. The people, again for the most part, friendly and down to earth.

SLU alum raised in NM. Spent a big chuck of my adult life there as well and moved back to St. Louis only two years ago. Have several good friends who went to NMSU and really enjoyed it. I love NM and enjoyed my few visits to Las Cruces. But NM State football players, current or former, have not earned the right to talk crap to anyone. That's just poor form and kind of sad.

SLU alum raised in NM. Spent a big chuck of my adult life there as well and moved back to St. Louis only two years ago. Have several good friends who went to NMSU and really enjoyed it. I love NM and enjoyed my few visits to Las Cruces. But NM State football players, current or former, have not earned the right to talk crap to anyone. That's just poor form and kind of sad.

I can agree with this. I hope Coach Martin disciplines him for his tweets. No need and he doesn't exactly have a leg to stand on.

FWIW, I don't condone our football players talking any crap. Especially considering their recent performance. I just don't get the attitude some of you here have regarding NMSU, New Mexico, and Las Cruces.

Recent performance? You have gone over a half century without an invite to a bowl game. You football program is the Washington Generals of college football.

haha this is rich! Las Cruces is a fine town. Certainly not a tourist destination, but the weather for the most part is fantastic. The people, again for the most part, friendly and down to earth.

Amazing how these fans of other programs come here with such thin skin. What do they expect? It would be different if SLU fans were registering on a NMSU board and posting such stuff without provocation.

You guys can enjoy some Redneck tweets:

https://twitter.com/Yosh__63

https://twitter.com/Passwaters_78

https://twitter.com/IanSween

https://twitter.com/tstampler

These guys are all graduated it looks like, some of them PE teachers for their podunk local schools, and still living in the past about how they "played ball" for their unaccredited school on the 1-11 football team.

Enjoy!

Looking at their conference, it's the MVC without WSU and Creighton.

In the video SLU looks quick, but the defenses on them don't look quite as fast as us. It's gonna be a good one to watch. -- quote from their board. The speaker used Butler game @ SLU highlights.