Recruiting - 2013

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Great job by the staff, welcome Tanner ! Partytime for me at the shuffleboard tourney tonite.

Seriously? You're giving us old guys a bad image, WP. Hey, but good luck, I hope you finally beat that old biddy from Unit 3B.

Holy cow! I'm so excited! Of course now my dad and bro up the ante and say, ' if we could just sign a 4* recruit'

I'm stoked! Way to be Crews and co! :)

I am really concerned as to who jumped the gun on Tanner's commitment to SLU. It has not happened yet. Maybe we hear from TL soon on his decision.

I like the 3* and 2*:) ..... The higher they are rated the more big headed and selfish they get... PASS.

*i realize this is a blanket statement, but for the most part that's how I feel. For cereal.

Wait I thought only Facebook could make it "official"?

I'm waiting on Box to tell me when or if I should continue to not stop this party.

Remember that Jared Drew will begin his eligibility at the same time. Lancona, Agbecko, Drew, Crawford, and Onwuasor*. If either Drew or Crawford can defend a guard and no one leaves (and also considering who comes in in 2014 and 2015), the Bills could have a pretty big, long, athletic, and versatile lineup in 2016 and '17 with those five.

(*yet to come)

In defense of things getting out before the announcement, apparently Ben wrote the story last night but placed it as "inactive" but a technical glitch switched it to "active" and the Rivals Washington State site posted the story.

Remember that Jared Drew will begin his eligibility at the same time. Lancona, Agbecko, Drew, Crawford, and Onwuasor*. If either Drew or Crawford can defend a guard and no one leaves (and also considering who comes in in 2014 and 2015), the Bills could have a pretty big, long, athletic, and versatile lineup in 2016 and '17 with those five.

(*yet to come)

Don't forget about McBroom. We will have six new faces on the court next year assuming no one redshirts and we get one more commit this spring. I am sticking with my comment that with these six new players, we will have more talent, overall, than on last year's team. Talent alone doesn't win games (see the professional basketball team in Lexington, Kentucky), but with Crews and the returning players, plus a very senior group of leaders, I really like our chances in 2013-2014.

November cannot come soon enough. Let's just add Randy Onwuasor to this team and LOOK OUT!!!

In defense of things getting out before the announcement, apparently Ben wrote the story last night but placed it as "inactive" but a technical glitch switched it to "active" and the Rivals Washington State site posted the story.

Makes sense. In the end it looks to be no harm, no foul.

Don't forget about McBroom. We will have six new faces on the court next year assuming no one redshirts and we get one more commit this spring. I am sticking with my comment that with these six new players, we will have more talent, overall, than on last year's team. Talent alone doesn't win games (see the professional basketball team in Lexington, Kentucky), but with Crews and the returning players, plus a very senior group of leaders, I really like our chances in 2013-2014.

November cannot come soon enough. Let's just add Randy Onwuasor to this team and LOOK OUT!!!

I'm not forgetting McBroom: he won't be in the same cohort as those five*. And I wasn't really considering the 2013-14 season, either. The beauty of the program that Majerus built and now Crews is taking over is that this coming season we won't be needing any of the five* freshmen to be stars.

(*Onwuasor yet to come.)

I think you are correct for one reason--the returning players who played last year should be better with one more summer of weightlifting and hard work. The three new recruits all seem to have the potential to compete for playing time immediately and start after this years seniors graduate. Each of them has size and skills that really fit well with the makeup of this team. If we can sign one more player of this caliber it would not matter to me whether it is a transfer who has to sit out a year because we will need him more in the fall of '14 than we do now. This staff and Jim Crews have done a masterful job in adding three really good players--two at a very late time in recruiting. Wow!