Burwell: SLU hits it big, as in 'new' Big East?

Aquinas

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Burwell referred to the conference as SuperJesuit. I know he meant a dream of a Catholic Conference some years ago, but there are only four of the twelve mentioned teams that are Jesuit--SLU, Marquette, Georgetown and Xavier. St. John's, Dayton, Providence, Siena,Villanova, DePaul, are operated by other orders. Richmond and Butler aren't Catholic.

Back home from my shift at the restaurant. Damn, that was hard work. You hiring spoonie? I was hoping for a job with medical coverage. Asshat.

Hey, INTERNET TOUGH GUY! Don't by hurling insults at spoonie from your mom's basement. Only say things about him that you'd be willing to say to his face and back up with your fists. In fact, I'm POSITIVE that spoonie would totally walk up to Burwell and call him a 'token' to his face. He is a man like that! Get back to your Mountain Dew and pizza rolls, kid.

I don't know why it is, but it seems yahoos like this spoonie_love only blow up a thread when I'm away from reading the board or have fallen so far behind that I'm not reading the "can of worms." I'm glad someone muzzled this pot-stirrer, but since it wasn't me there might be a poster or two which will hold it against me and use it in calling me out the next time there's a new poster showing the slightest hint of being a troll — even though most of them aren't. This one happened to be.

As for the inaccuracies of Burwell's piece, I noticed them as well when I read it early this afternoon, and I would have noted them on the board, too — and I like BB, for the most part. But spoonie's spiel was way out of line. I'm not sure if even Gus Phelps deserves for such things to be said about him as what this person said about Burwell.

BillikenFriar, when all this is announced do you think we will be left out?

I feel less confident than I did a month ago but I think our inclusion will come. I think we are in the 12 but not he 10 though. I think it is therefore a question of when rather than if. That said, lips are tight around here all of a sudden so I have zero new info to support that opinion. Father Shanley was out of town all last week on conference business, so maybe we are close to real news.

I feel less confident than I did a month ago but I think our inclusion will come. I think we are in the 12 but not he 10 though. I think it is therefore a question of when rather than if. That said, lips are tight around here all of a sudden so I have zero new info to support that opinion. Father Shanley was out of town all last week on conference business, so maybe we are close to real news.

Anyone know if the good Father Biondi was out of town last week on conference business?

The apparent 10 team push may just be smoke and mirrors to get more money. IE C7 says we want to keep the Big East name even if they don't really care. They say that so the other schools have to give them more $ to give up the name. They say they want only 10 teams knowing that the networks will want 12. They push that in order to get more money from the networks than they would if they came along quietly and just agreed.

From time to time, especially in February I like to listen to some Black artists usually that artist is Charlie Pride but perhaps this situation can best be summarized by the WuTang Clan, "Cash Rules Everything Around Me - C.R.E.A.M., get the money dolla dolla billz ya'll"

The apparent 10 team push may just be smoke and mirrors to get more money. IE C7 says we want to keep the Big East name even if they don't really care. They say that so the other schools have to give them more $ to give up the name. They say they want only 10 teams knowing that the networks will want 12. They push that in order to get more money from the networks than they would if they came along quietly and just agreed.

From time to time, especially in February I like to listen to some Black artists usually that artist is Charlie Pride but perhaps this situation can best be summarized by the WuTang Clan, "Cash Rules Everything Around Me - C.R.E.A.M., get the money dolla dolla billz ya'll"

Growing up in Dallas I am a fan of Charlie Pride. My older bother graduated from Jesuit with his son Deion.