How good are we?

brianstl

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

We are playing as good as any billiken team in the modern era. 8 straight wins of 9 or more points and against good teams. Unfortunately we can't just completely ignore the first 17 games when we weren't that good. Still, this is some kind of fun!

You're never as bad as you think (after Rhode Island) and you're never as good as you think (like tonight). Just keep executing. Keep playing tough. Keep up the intensity. Keep being unselfish. Then, let the chips fall where they may.

We are playing as good as any billiken team in the modern era. 8 straight wins of 9 or more points and against good teams. Unfortunately we can't just completely ignore the first 17 games when we weren't that good. Still, this is some kind of fun!

Heck, even the first 17 games included a shellacking of New Mexico and a 21 point win over A&M. While there were the unfortunate losses against Santa Clara and URI, the Bills were still in position to be a tournament team as long as they played above average.

At this point, however, the Bills are looking like a truly elite team in the country. Against a team that forces opponents to turn the ball over 20+ times a game, the Bills only turned it over 8 times! While VCU averages over 12 steals a game, they only managed 5 tonight. The Bills shot over 55% this evening, and had 4 players in double digits. It was a truly masterful performance, and provides them with yet another top 50 win this season. I feel really, really good about this team, and I think Crews has them humming along at the right time.

He did have 4 of them and to answer my own question Jett had only 1 TO

Not to be an ass about it but he was the only SLU guard that seemed bothered by VCU. It seemed like Jett and MCcall were more patient, waiting for the rest of the team and their VCU counter parts to clear out. Mitchell just didn't wait and dribbled into trouble again and again..........

Hate on KM but he took the brunt of 3 VCU presses. KM is still going to win a game in the NCAA for SLU.

MM is the best ball handling PG

JJ is the best scoring PG

KW can do both very well.

it was rough for him, but you know shaka told his players he was the one to really look out for.

KM has been playing with little confidence as of late. Time after time he tried to dribble his way through the press. Obviously, that is not the optimal strategy to beat the havoc. When JJ was called on to beat the press, he was cool as a cucumber. Boy howdy does JJ impress me. Just a heady pg. We desperately need KM to return to last years form for the tourny run. If we can get KM, MM, JJ all ballin come tournament time, i think a sweet 16 is more than reasonable.