VCU Board

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think rushing the court tonight would be extremely small-time. This is by no means an upset. This is by no means a drastic win. We expect to win this game, and really most other people do. I can see why we stormed the court against butler. Hell, we just beat a top 10 team. Did we storm against SVU a couple of years ago when they were ranked 25 or so?

I think rushing the court tonight would be extremely small-time. This is by no means an upset. This is by no means a drastic win. We expect to win this game, and really most other people do. I can see why we stormed the court against butler. Hell, we just beat a top 10 team. Did we storm against SVU a couple of years ago when they were ranked 25 or so?

Actually, I think there was a half-hearted effort to storm the court after the double-OT win against Dayton (the one where Kwamain hit the 35 footer to put it into OT.) Is that correct, 05? I seem to remember some students getting onto the court but not a 'wave' of them.

Who in our league would storm the court against us? Nobody... in theory Duquesne might, but they wouldn't have any fans there to storm. It might be more like a trickle.

I thought the students might storm the court against Xavier on Senior Night last year. Glad they didn't.

Storming the court for any game that seems to have some importance seems to be the in thing in college basketball. Wisconsin who has been there before stormed the court after beating Michigan the other night. Hell, Ohio coming off a sweet 16 stormed the court after beating f'ing Kent State.

OK State is ranked #17, they were a 9 point favorite at home over unranked Oklahoma, they won in OT and stormed the court.

Bobby, I have pretty much not had a problem with what you have posted for the last year. However, this statement is just blatantly false, 100%. The athletic department asked myself and slufan13 if we were going to storm and after a decision among the first 5 rows or so (we went back and forth several times on the decision between 5 minute and 3 minute marks) we finally decided to do it. The athletic department and security then evacuated most, if not all, of the media from in front of the section and allowed everyone to come down. The reason they did not move the barricade all the way was for safety which I'm totally on board with. You don't want a great victory like that spoiled by a serious injury or death of a student.

You're still in school?

I found it intresting that someone from this board posted they joined their board durring the CBI.(forgot who and dont feel like looking)

Anyway their response was "wow you have beem around longer than.most of our regular posters."

They talk a big game about their awesome fan base, but after reading that it seems they are a bunch of bandwagon fans.

I didn't know message board join dates determined how awesome a fan base was.

I prefer using our 33 sellouts in a row to show how Awesome RamNation is.

Actually, I think there was a half-hearted effort to storm the court after the double-OT win against Dayton (the one where Kwamain hit the 35 footer to put it into OT.) Is that correct, 05? I seem to remember some students getting onto the court but not a 'wave' of them.

Yeah about 5 or so but none got past the blue paint IIRC.

I didn't know message board join dates determined how awesome a fan base was.

I prefer using our 33 sellouts in a row to show how Awesome RamNation is.

Welcome to the board!

Question: What's all this havoc stuff? Do we really need to capitalize it? Is it really a proper noun? Regardless, let me introduce you to the new and improved Saint Louis University Defense. You have my permission to use the term either capitalized or not, though it is trademarked so you'll have to respect that.

TORTURE.

It starts when future Dallas Cowboy defensive back Jordair Jett puts a body on you and ends when Cody Ellis draws a charge. WAY more frustrating than havoc......

Richmond fans might disagree but F them.

It helps VCU being the big dog in town but 33 straight sell outs in a row is impressive no matter how you try and down play it.

During Spoonhour's tenure, "Spoonball" was one of the top attractions in college basketball, ranking in the top 10 in attendance for several seasons. In 1997-98, Saint Louis ranked sixth nationally in average attendance.

.....we had bandwagon periods also

I'm as pissed as the next guy that Chaifetz isn't sold out every single game, but sell outs don't really impress me. I would be impressed if VCU played somewhere big time. Unfortunately, VCU houses its games in a multi purpose facility that would rank at the bottoms of the MVC in capacity. Mid major.