Good story on Crews

slufan13

My beloved NY Giants have similar stories in their SB year of 2012, ie speeches from an injured Army Cap't and Coughlin's friend Gen Onofrio (sp?). Also, a young man who was suffering from the big C and his fantasy wish was a day w/ the Giants. Inspiring stuff. GO BILLS! Where are we all meeting in Atlanta?

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="Bobby Metzinger" data-cid="342645" data-time="1360852711"><p>

Glad to have the Black Knights on our side!!!<br />

<br />

Go Army! Beat Navy!</p></blockquote>

We have a child battling cancer, the US army, and a dead coach pulling for us.

Add it all together and this team is unstoppable.

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="Bobby Metzinger" data-cid="342645" data-time="1360852711"><p>

Glad to have the Black Knights on our side!!!<br />

<br />

Go Army! Beat Navy!</p></blockquote>

We have a child battling cancer, the US army, and a dead coach pulling for us.

Add it all together and this team is unstoppable.

Don't forget the cheerleader who is in remission.

And @chrisharriman24

Special thanks SLU Billiken family for the incredibly thoughtful gift u gave Avery today! We love u and appreciate your support!#TeamAvery

This program is really special. It's nice to see a team actually put the more important things before basketball and not just talk about it. And the team is winning.

Heard a little bit about this after the Richmond game but here's the detailed story.

http://hankssportsblog.com/life-beyond-basketball/

Okay, after reading that great feature, I now want to be counted in the camp of people who want Crews to be SLU's head coach. I just hope that the entire program figures out how to recruit well enough to keep the program at a very high level. Sometimes nice guys don't sell well enough for the "cold-blooded" athletic studs needed for championship-caliber hoops. (Like Brad Soderberg.)

I do think that the program (i.e., Biondi, May, and high-end boosters) needs to make Crews freshen up (and probably "diversify") the coaching staff for it to work. Nothing against Platt or Whitesell, but I just don't think it will work well with them, and I also think there are some Billiken sons who need to get in the program to help sustain and elevate the success.

What is the Harriman tweet

About? Does he have a child with an illness?

Now, root even harder for another good health report, this time for Avery Harriman, son of Husker assistant Chris Harriman and his wife, Cheryl.

Avery, 5, is in his second tussle in 3½ years with leukemia. He underwent radiation treatments Thursday, Miles said, in preparation for a bone-marrow procedure sometime this weekend.

http://www.omaha.com/article/20130214/HUSKERS/702149836/1001

Okay, after reading that great feature, I now want to be counted in the camp of people who want Crews to be SLU's head coach. I just hope that the entire program figures out how to recruit well enough to keep the program at a very high level. Sometimes nice guys don't sell well enough for the "cold-blooded" athletic studs needed for championship-caliber hoops. (Like Brad Soderberg.)

I do think that the program (i.e., Biondi, May, and high-end boosters) needs to make Crews freshen up (and probably "diversify") the coaching staff for it to work. Nothing against Platt or Whitesell, but I just don't think it will work well with them, and I also think there are some Billiken sons who need to get in the program to help sustain and elevate the success.

One billiken is on staff, Danny Brown, as a graduate assistant. Hopefully he will become an assistant coach soon.

Also, I think Femi John should become the next graduate assistant, he is still an important part of this team.

We have a young core with Tanner Bronson as an assistant coach, Mike Lepore as the DBO, but there is still a long way to go. Crews, hopefully works with them and those four could become his core staff in a year or two. We will need a recruiting assistant coach, but Crews will probably look for one over the summer, if he is retained.